Soliciting Member Perspectives: Levinson vs Bryston vs Audio Research

Wanting to start a discussion for which there are obviously ZERO absolute answers.  I want to hear various member perspectives on these three marquis brands of audio equipment: pro's vs con's, likes vs dislike & your emotional/visceral experiences.

Why?  #1, I think it would be fun & edifying.  #2, I am contemplating modifying the direction of my primary 2-channel system in my 'Man Cave' & your thoughts & opinions will be useful.

Please try to avoid pretentiousness, condescension & remember, these are your opinions & not necessarily facts.

Thanks in advance & I hope this proves to be as fun as I think it can be.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xoldmandave
Bryston:  quality components that have good support and a decent sound.  Usually last forever.

ARC:  hard to buy a better product, but they vary.  Audition some in YOUR ROOM before you make that big investment.  Typically, with ARC, the more you spend, the better the product, but NOT ALWAYS.  Still about the best going even with the buyout.  Older stuff MAY be better at a lower price, but if you can afford the best, go for it.

Levinson:  Long relationship with them in the old days.  Bullet-proof parts and construction--usually, as they break, too--but the sound is, well, let's be nice and say it is an "acquired taste" and leave it at that.  Try it in YOUR ROOM and decide.

Most of all, enjoy the MUSIC the way YOU want to.

Cheers!
Post removed 
I have owned lots of ML stuff, including the rear stuff from way back when. I found it well built,reliable but while it seemed " accurate" it never had as much soul or musicality as I look for today. I also owned a AR SP 10 which was at the other end of the musical spectrum. It was very warm and natural sounding but not as detailed at the frequency extremes as I like. I know this is a very small sample size, but this is what I have found in  my system. As for Bryston, I have never owned or spent enough time with any of there products to have a valid opinion. 

my best to all, Jerry
I have a great opinion of ARC only because I have owned a SP3-A1 for 36 years. I also own a D100B. With Maggie’s 1.7I speakers, I can’t say enough about the combo of the old classics with the new technology speakers. The Cambridge CD player the 1/2 track Revox and the new Rega P3 make me very happy. The most important part of a system IMO is the speakers. It will only sound as good as the speakers. I have no experience with Bryson or ML.

Happy listening 
Bryston seems to be a preferred name in the UK. Curious about that one too. They have a tie-in with PMC speakers which I currently have a crush on. AR stock seems to be descending. Dealers here are not pushing it. Levinson-well I have it in the car and enjoy that but their gear is beyond my budget.