Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
😮Shocked that Audiotroy carries the Kef Blades.  Who could have guessed that?
@gdnrbob. Totally different rooms and systems... the Quattro in the largest room they have and powered by the new smaller solid state high Pass amp sounded very very nice.
i hung around dges giving others the great seats
the Treo were in a smaller room - about 15 x 15and had big time slam with the sub 3
i left wanting to somehow squeeze a sub 3 into the condo and squeeze the amps in budget also....
fun
i am back in Seattle tonite so I will fire up the 7’s and enjoy some music

@hifiman5 

I'm stunned.

OP, if you can afford the Vandersteens... they are absolutely outstanding.  In the uber expensive department speakers I've heard, properly set-up they are just unreal.

The Blades are OK.  I've heard them outperformed by lower priced speakers.  They are not bad, just wouldn't be my first pick in that price range. Frankly, I would to the legacy's over them on a pure sound basis. I like the Vandersteen 5a Carbon a lot better at that price point.

If I had a killer loft apartment in NYC, wanted something to look unique and sound decent, I could see getting the Blades, they certainly make a statement.  

If you go to the shows and meet with Legacy, talk to them.  They have always offered nice deals to show attendees I've found.  

But, if you are going to drop that much cabbage on speakers... ultimately I would make sure to listen to them.  
looks like the 5a Carbon is now out of production....used would provide stellar value.... before buying Blades seek out used 5a Carbon or talk w dealers about what Vandersteen model ( forthcoming ) will replace it..

Just my $ buck-fifty..

Jim and Dave
Global Vandersteen Fan, sometime not for profit vintage crack audio dealer....