How much difference will a phono stage upgrade make?

For the past couple of years I’ve slowly been upgrading my audio equipment. I currently have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated amplifier, an EAT C-Sharp TT with an Ortofon Quintet Black MC cartridge, and Tannoy Revolution XT 8F speakers. The weak link at this point, it would seem, is my phono stage, which is a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS. All things considered, my system sounds really good to my ears, but I can’t help but wonder what a phono stage upgrade would bring to the table. I’m looking at the Manley Chinook Special Edition MK II, which is a big step up in terms of cost, but I wonder how much better it will actually sound. Has anybody made a similar upgrade, and was there a marked uptick in sound quality?
12hz
Every move in the phono stage link has made a big difference, positive and/negative. 
I’m currently using a Musical Surroundings Phonomena ii which I like a lot and is VERY flexible for just about any cart you throw at it.  There’s a ii+ out now.  
millercarbon:
The OP has his mind set on all tubes. Others have their mind set on features. Or whatever.

For those with their mind set on music, and especially for those musically minded listeners willing to listen and decide for themselves
I'm actually very much interested in the music above all else. (Aren't we all?) I'm not a gearhead and I have no means of doing comparisons between high-end components, as I live in a small city with no access to the equipment discussed here. I drove 1000 miles to audition my amplifier and speakers and I'm glad I did, but it's not always possible. Hence, I rely on these forums for information, with the understanding that others' opinions may not always mesh with my listening preferences. I'm not stubbornly set on tubes for arbitrary reasons, it's just that my amp is a tube amp and I really love it. (For how it translates the music!) By logical extension I figured a tube phono stage would share the attributes that I like in my amp. Again, I wasn't looking for specific recommendations, I was really just looking for a nudge from this community, some assurance that a big investment in a new phono stage wouldn't simply produce nominal results by comparison to my current, less expensive phono stage. I don't want to be underwhelmed after spending $2500. 

I'm sure the Herron phono stage is great. It's also $1000 more than my already stretched budget will allow. (And as others on this thread have already suggested, even the Manley may be more than I need for my current set-up.)

Anyway, thanks for your input. I hope that asking the question I asked didn't somehow imply that I care more about an allegiance to tubes than to the music. That's not at all the case. I'm trying to build a good system that I can eventually just forget about and enjoy my albums.

@12hz, 

I have the Primaluna and a Manley Chinook.  I've used the Chinook with it, a homemade 300B amp, Creek Evolution 100, NAD M22, and a Schitt Freya.  

The Chinook makes a huge difference.  I still think of it (over speakers, tubes, and amps) as my best piece of kit regardless of price.  I was reluctant to buy an expensive (expensive to me) phono pre but did so at the firm recommendations of several folks who I like and trust on the 'Gon.  They were right. 

I do wish the countless loading options were available via dials on the front of the unit as opposed to dip switches on the rear, but, hey, I'm not moving them often after set up anyway.  

I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Now, that said, the Herron is likely a great phono pre worth looking at too.  I'm not familiar with it other than it's top notch reputation. 

The Chinook has a tubey but accurate sound.  It sounds big, luscious, warm and detailed all at once.  Massive soundstage and palpable realness.  
Thanks, @jbhiller. This is the sort of testimonial I was hoping to hear. I really would like to look into the Herron as well, with so much positive feedback about it, but it's over 1K more than the Manley, so I can't really consider it for that reason. The Manley will be expensive for me, as well. (I may be pulling the trigger soon.)