What's your go-to cheapie cartridge?

Let's say $300 or less. This would be your "y'know, this thing is pretty darn musical even though I've got higher end carts" cartridge. In my case I'd have to say it's my 103R. Not as transparent or fast as a lot of my better carts, but it sails smoothly through the grooves and just sounds good. 
tonyptony
Never tried Grado Black but I suspect it's a bargain.  I love the sound of my $200 Grado Gold on my early 1980s  Acoustic Research ES-1.
Grado Gold with 8MZ stylus is also a good combo, (I have a Black, a Gold and the 8MZ) albeit, the total price would exceed the OP's budget.
 @viridian all that rain, cold rain has an upside......

i rescuced a busted Sapphire recently....$2k...later..man i hope the Grado on it is worth a listen.....we shall see, she arrives from SOTA factory tommorow..

what have you in the cast off bin suitable for Sumiko FT-3 ??????
Grado Gold with 8MZ stylus is also a good combo

@stevecham, how would you say the Gold stock versus the Gold with the 8MZ compare?

The best Grado stylus for any Grado Black, Gold etc cartridge body is XTZ, huge upgrade, but expensive. The XTZ was designed by Joseph Grado for his Signature Grado XTZ cartridge (discountinued model), but the styli still available from Grado.