How much difference will a phono stage upgrade make?

For the past couple of years I’ve slowly been upgrading my audio equipment. I currently have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated amplifier, an EAT C-Sharp TT with an Ortofon Quintet Black MC cartridge, and Tannoy Revolution XT 8F speakers. The weak link at this point, it would seem, is my phono stage, which is a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS. All things considered, my system sounds really good to my ears, but I can’t help but wonder what a phono stage upgrade would bring to the table. I’m looking at the Manley Chinook Special Edition MK II, which is a big step up in terms of cost, but I wonder how much better it will actually sound. Has anybody made a similar upgrade, and was there a marked uptick in sound quality?
12hz
I started with a Pro-Ject Tube box and was pleasantly surprised at the improvement. Then I replaced that with Simaudio's Moon 310LP and 320S combo. Wow, that was a difference! The staging is incredible and the sound very well rounded. 
@12hz    

That's why I said save your money.  Yes, the Herron is a bit more expensive than the others you mentioned, but getting a VTPH-2a will keep you from losing money on trade-ins for upgrades.  

BTW, even if you CAN find a used early model Herron VTPH-1, it will perform as well or better than any of the non-Herron models being discussed in this thread.  

But it's your money and you should spend it however YOU want.  
@12hz,   Yes you have great options to be excited about.  I really cannot comment on stuff I haven't heard and all of it you are getting recs for is solid by reputation.  

All I can say is my Chinook is superlative.  I adore it.  It sits quietly in the rack doing more work, so to speak, than any other element of my system. Great speakers? Check. Great amps? Check.  The Chinook makes them all shine.  The sound is big and fat, fat, fat, fat.  It's sooo smooth.  

I grew up listening to vinyl through my folks.  They are older now and heard it.  They were floored at how clear it is. The gain is stellar.  You cannot go wrong. 

I often think about upgrading stuff.  I'd be spending $6-$10k on speakers and still not swapping out the Chinook.  You sort of know what you know after doing this awhile.  I know the Chinook might be my strongest link.    

I run MC now, but the Chinook was vintagely (not a word) captivating with the Ortofon 2M Black.  I think the Chinook is out of its league but, still, it was intoxicating. 

I'd love to hear a Herron though.  Can't lie. 
I agree with Stevecham's assessment of the Rhea, concerning low level tube rush. But, after 12 years I upgraded my unit to the signature version. Oh, what a difference. Overall a great improvement and a much lower noise floor. The virtues of the Rhea, flexibility and the ability to adjust load and gain from your listening position, became more evident, as I upgraded other sources in my system. Simply musical in either configuration...
I was using the tube box ds as well and my problem was low output ,rega rp 8 ,alphea mc cart .i purchased a used Mac mc100 and wow that solved my problem! Mac 601 mono’s, focal 1038 be.