Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
@tomic601

Did not know that on the 5a Carbon, those are a really good speaker.... something to watch for used down the road. Wonder if a replacement is coming? 

Quattro CT is really a nice speaker, and all I probably need for my space. But they just never, ever show up used. Likely the sign of a good speaker.
 @dep14 There is a replacement in work for the 5a carbon - fall delivery

yes used Vandersteen with carbon are rare as hens teeth.....

owning both 7 mk2 and TREO ct
i can tell you how special they are....

enjoy the music, that is what it’s all about
Add my vote for the 7s.

I have 5A carbons. For 25 years my wife put up with my audio habit and its intrusion into our living room. She would listen but it was never a big thing for her. Three days after the 5A carbons were installed I came home to find her listening with the lights dimmed and a candle going. The first words out of her mouth were "you HAVE TO hear this song on THESE speakers." A complete transformation in attitude and interest. Now she listens to her favorite music after I upgrade or tweak and gives her opinion. Her latest text started off with "the system is sounding particularly amazing today" .... (this was after adding a couple of AQ Hurricane AC cables .... another story....) 

The 7s tunable bass, balsa wood drivers and stealth enclosure combine to make one amazing sounding speaker. I spent a couple years going shows and dealers before I pulled the trigger on the 5A carbons. There is only one speaker upgrade I want and its the 7s. This year hopefully.

speaking of music, just enjoyed 8:17 of Loggins/Messina - Same Old Wine at 39 volume on the ARC into the 1.2 KW a side 7’s w Vandersteen amps......holy cow......

big fun.....

also, so much for KEF dealer expertise......building a big speaker taller than ear height not needed.......

Jim and Dave
Local Axe dealer pissed at chainsaw dealer located a few miles away....