What is your approach to system fine tuning with cables and cords ?

Everything already sounds quite good, no obvious weak links. 
inna
@inna

"n80, you never sound like an audiophile"

Thank you.

"You simply don’t get it."

I am certain you are correct.

"and as such this thread cannot possibly concern you."

No, it can in a morbid curiosity sort of way. And if it takes the turn that was probably intended it will be like watching a slow-mo train wreck. It is hard to look away.

And then there is the repartee. Who can resist that?

if everything sounds great its time to sell it off and build another system.

or….

if there is a roll of dough burning a hole in your pocket, its time to learn firs hand   just how much real snake oil, if any,  is out there and begin buying different wires.

before you begin, ensure you are using the exact same playlist for all of your appraisals.

speaker wires should be the first area for initiating the destabilization of one’s mind.

experiment accordingly.

Power cords next.

start at the source and work right straight thru to the amp and or spkrs if they too are active.

you should by now know every note on every tune compiled in your playlists.

Main ICs next if separates or various sources are on hand.

if you are on schedule its been about a year so you will know you are making progress if by now your cuing up playlist begins to nauseate you before you are finished listening to it.

next, begin appraising source ICs 

by now  sheer exhaustion  should have set in from  all the ‘cabling’ auditions you’ve  endured in those late night sessions.

being a  committed, or perhaps soon to be committed, audio nut,  to overcome any lack of sleep, you’ve laid in an abundant supply of Expresso and duct taped the  remote control to your hand to prevent it from further damage by hitting the floor.. 

next, its time to revisit those speaker cables.

the earmark of studius progress  will likely be projecdtile vomitiing during or before the playlist begins.

to know when  you are completely done use a mirror and examine your image. it should appear harrowed and thin with  dark circles under the eyes. hair should either be gone or greying and unkempt.  

for final confirmation,  open your banking app and examine your   account, it should look similar.

violin! 

finis

I didn't say great, I said "quite good". If it sounds great then you are right - time to build a new system.
Nor did I exactly ask for an advice, I asked about other people's ideas and experience.
Power cords might be first, by the way, especially on the preamp and amp. 
In any case, I am only interested in analog source system.

@inna

the approach I listed above is EXACTLY the process I’ve used since I found out wires do matter. naturally, I keep this all within reason and within available means, of course.

the colorful asides were some what exaggerated, but only slightly. any way you slice it, listening to the exact same tunes, and taking notes all the while,  over and over again,  wears on a person. 

extend this effort over the expanse of months and it gets to be a real chore and soon is only pursued by the most compulsive and obsessive sorts. 

once very good which usually gets escalated to ‘great’ once satisfaction sets in, is attained, the process ends.

without direct or immediate comparisons a subjective account,  over time,  tends to get inflated if there is an element of satisfactory performance routinely being demonstrated.

how many in this past time have said they love the sound  of their rig, yet have done nothing, or haven’t mentioned they have,  with room acoustical treatments. or have not addressed the bass bumps inherent in every room?  

the one item I did not express is ‘retrying’ a previous contender cord or IC after it was discarded as the latest asemblage is then in place. perhaps now, it could be the Rosetta stone that brings everything together revealing still better performance. 

I try to not  be too pedantic with my  verbage at times.

as for a purely analog sourced arrangement, the same process applies. get a base line somehow, and usually that starts with PCs. then ICs. However I get the impression with tTs some factors not overtly apparent if at all elsewhere, reside in that arena. cartridgesalignment. tracking. tone arms. . MM/MC. isolation. Phono pre matching, etc.

then of course there’s the record selection process too. which version? re-issued? which pressing? its quite involved IMO.

TT lovers have their work cut out for them.

BTW, immense satisfaction, and that’s what this is all about, can be had outside the vinyl world when things are addressed  appropriately.