How do you like your VPI -Classic, Scout, Scoutmaster, Prime, TNT, ?

I’ve had J.A. Michell, and others; including SME V tone arms. Wanting to get into VPI and looking at Classic series, Scout, Scoutmaster, TNT, Prime tables and don’t know much about tone arm’s they use or which is best, better, etc? What to avoid...? What to gravitate to? I’m fairly good at dealing with mechanical set up. Have a nice system and pre right now. Pass Labs -XA-25, XP-22, XP-15, Wilson Audio Sophia II’s 
jahatl513
Nice system, I also have Sophia IIs. I went from a VPI Classic 1 to a Classic 3 and now I have a Spiral Groove SG2 with Spiral Groove Centroid Arm. I looked up my notes from 2012 when I upgraded from the Classic 1 to the 3.

"First thing you notice is the BASS, more bass, tighter, then everything seems more musical, all frequencies. Sounds like you upgraded the cartridge, all the frequencies are effected. Also the highs seem less harsh, especially on that first song from Beck. "

I really liked the upgrade from the 1 to the 3. At that time they didn't have the 3d arm.

You get used to putting that large stainless steel weight on the outside of the record, and it does really flatten the records. Btw, I also appreciate the fact I don't have to do that anymore with the Spiral Groove.

I really like uni-pivot arms, hence the Spiral Groove Centroid is also uni-pivot.

With the JWM arm the azimuth adjustment is based on rotating the counterweight. You get used to doing it pretty fast. But then again I appreciate that I don't have to do that on the Centroid Arm.

I probably would have been happy with the Classic 3 for a lot longer, it sounded fantastic with my Lyra Delos cartridge. It would be unfair to compare it to the Spiral Groove, since it is almost 3x the price. I do like the Spiral Groove table and arm considerably more than the Classic 3, but as I said the price difference makes it a unfair comparison. I also like the uni-pivot execution better in the Centroid Arm.

All in all I still consider the Classic 3 a very good value, even though I don't own one anymore and I bought it new. On the secondary market it is even a better value.
Post removed 
Several years ago I picked up a Scout here on audiogon for 1 grand.  I wanted to try VPI and a unipivot arm.   I use it in my second basement system near my records so it gets a lot of play.  I am quite pleased with it running a Denon 103r.