Not Enjoying My Turntable

I purchased a u-turn orbit plus six months back to get into the experience of vinyl and collecting again. So far I have enjoyed the process of album buying and the tactile experience of vinyl. However, I just am not happy with the sound. Generally I have always enjoyed playing music with the treble turned up. Maybe because of some hearing loss I don't know. Also, I have had some problems with the turntable. The needle skips and to me the sound is muffled.

I am sure I could fix some of these problems with a equalizer and some troubleshooting with the turntable but am I just chasing the dragon here? In short am I doing something wrong.
128x128brimel1974
Aligning cartridge by ear is theoretically possible but would take a lot of time unless you got very lucky. I thought about it but abandoned this idea.
If someone doesn't tolerate ticks and pops and crackles and scraping and whatever at all, better not go into vinyl. The best sounding pressings I have are not in best condition, but I prefer listening to them to other copies that I have that sound worse, even slightly worse.
I don't really enjoy vinyl routine but I do what must be done, besides, I am a tape man not vinyl man. Records do feel better than tape, though.
I use a large floor vacuum cleaner.. Take the hose and use a brush attachment I 'save' just for LPs. 
Suck the dust off...  
IF the record still looks like it has stuff in the grooves I WASH IT IN THE SINK. Pat dry and suck the last of the water off wit htthe same vacuum and brush. works.For some LPs I just use a carbon fiber brush from Oracle France, made back in the 80's.. So I do not know if it is carbon fiber? Works good. I run the brush around the LP then clean brush each time with "Long Term packing tape" it is less sticky than regular Scotch Packing Tape. I stick a run of the tape to the TT board. takes about five to ten Lps to need replacing.
My advice is to forget about analogue.  Start with as good as a CD player as you can afford, then get a good-to-great DAC, and subscribe to Tidal Hifi.  Otherwise, you are wasting you money.  
I sure hope the OP realizes Elizabeth is kidding about the vacuum cleaner. Everyone knows you clean records with a pressure washer.
Are some posts fake? I mean were they created just to get people to engage?  So that the forum appears to have value?
I have seen many posts similar to this one.  OP was on Feb 22nd. Many people have taken their time to post a response and even to ask the OP some questions. But no response.