Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
The more I listen to the CS2.4, the more beautiful they sound. I wish I could go back in time and hopefully I could make a difference.  I've designed my own speakers but they are no equal to Thiel.
ketchup
Much Thanks! for citing a portion of your Audio journey. It has been said many times that a Thiel speaker is an Apogee or Magnepan with Bass.A long time ago I wanted an Apogee Slant 8 model. It was heavily criticized for not having enough Bass output. The ribbon/stat midrange, tweeter panels sounded beautiful to my ears. I could not get into the sound of a Maggie nor Martin Logan though.  Happy Listening!
andy2
Absolutely! The CS 2.4 is a true marvel, at least for my ears.The CS 2.4SE is a measure better across all frequency ranges. Last month's visit and session with pwhinson served as a strong reminder.  Hope you are close to Beetle or Tom to hear their improvements upon final configuration.  Happy Listening!
Andy - from my experience, I see no way that any individual, no matter how brilliant or talented, could execute the process that led to the final Thiel speakers. It's hard for people to imagine the immersion, the dedication, the drive and stamina required and expended over decades of full-time work with the inputs, support and sacrifice of a good team of 50 or so people collaborating with external vendors and thinkers and researchers, all working toward the same goal - to substantiate a particular vision. The 2.4, along with additional dozens of Thiel products, represents an incarnation of that actualized vision, physical evidence of an extremely focused creative process applied to the real world.

From an unattributed plaque in a Dallas art gallery:"Love instilled into solid materials by loving craftsmanship is the only creation of mankind to defeat time."
And all of this in the service of, for the love of music. Isn't life a magnificent journey?