The Science of Cables

It seems to me that there is too little scientific, objective evidence for why cables sound the way they do. When I see discussions on cables, physical attributes are discussed; things like shielding, gauge, material, geometry, etc. and rarely are things like resistance, impedance, inductance, capacitance, etc. Why is this? Why aren’t cables discussed in terms of physical measurements very often?

Seems to me like that would increase the customer base. I know several “objectivist” that won’t accept any of your claims unless you have measurements and blind tests. If there were measurements that correlated to what you hear, I think more people would be interested in cables. 

I know cables are often system dependent but there are still many generalizations that can be made.
128x128mkgus
Does anyone else see this thread as religious? One side is sure, the other one is sure it is not. Both sides are sure that others would be righteous only if they converted. Beliefs, personalities, preaching, witnesses of miraculous changes...

If I remember correctly, elizabeth does have a car now. Ford Focus ST, manual transmission.
@geoffkait 

Buzz kill

Much sorries for whatever I did to throw such a pall across this august thread. I will from this point on dedicate my life to making sure I never ever do that again. Be aware that as I type this I am shaking at the thought of the horror I unleashed.
@glupson

So far, jhills is in the lead

Wow, being in the lead in what is this thread’s equivalent of a Miss Congeniality contest is really not such a big whoop eh. But then I suppose given the way your team has been trashed wholesale here any win no matter how insignificant is good.

There, I sincerely hope that after my terrible transgression above that this post gets this thread back on the rails again.