Quiet Enjoyment: right of audiophiles neighbors to NOT be annoyed

Quiet enjoyment: "A landlord must ensure the tenants’ rights to peacefully use and enjoy the rental property. "Quiet enjoyment" The right to not be annoyed by music being played loudly. A problem for folks who may be neighbors of audiophiles and other folks who play loud music. Run table saws and loud lawn mowers at 5AM. etc...
So for audiophiles, this raises some folks hackles.. They believe their right to blast music as loud as they want over-rules a neighbors right to peace and quiet. What say you?
Naturally this does not apply to folks out in the wilds, who can only annoy the bears and deer.
For me, the fact I live in an ’Over 55" (age 55 and up, mainly like 75 and up) complex, means lots of old ladies ready to pounce on any tiny problem so they can gossip over it endlessly, and stir up as much trouble as possible, since they have nothing else to do, so I have to be cautious about playing my stereo too loud.Now back in my youth, my Mother yelling TURN THAT $&#*@$ MUSIC DOWN!! over and over... Then later, say the 1980’s.. I still played music at Rock concert levels.. In a building full of young people, no one cared... I lived directly below the manager, whom I once awoke, and she thought a truck had hit he building.. THAT LOUD.. We laughed about it. All good. As I ’grew up" I started to stop being a jerk about blasting music. And now can say even the manager here, after my being here over eleven years, when asked, has said he never heard any music from my apartment, nor any complaints. Even though I play music all day every day.
So for folks in multiple unit dwellings.. Apartments, condos.. even close together homes..Even family..Do you think you can annoy others to have an enjoyable listening session?
elizabeth
I think the problem can be stated as party walls and ceilings bad, separate walls good. The only sure cure for the first is headphones. I lived in a duplex house for my first 17 years and our neighbor even complained if my mother ran the vacuum cleaner after 12 PM. So neighbor tolerance is a huge factor too. So my brother played jazz on his little music center at conversational volumes. The speakers may as well have been headphones.
@mattmiller :

"My number one rule is...after they complain be nice apologize for the loudness then after they leave, I turn it up a little bit more. "

Nice. Glad I'm not your neighbor.

I guess I'm lucky, I live in the boonies outside a small city.  Closest house to me is more than a quarter mile away.  Sounds do carry though, they can hear me play guitar and hear the bass from the sub in the TV room.  I try not to disturb them after dark.  By nice to your neighbor, you never know when you might need their help.  When there is no noise is nice for awhile, then you kind of miss the sounds of city.  Road noise, gun shot echos, trains, the occasional drag race. 
Let me check the local laws regarding audiophiles and get back to you on this. 

In the meantime the usual common sense will have to suffice. 
I don't know our local laws except that music played out doors that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear inside has to be off by 10:00 pm. My wife is on the board of a facility used for events/weddings and this has been an issue for them before.

On the other hand, the city holds outdoor concerts that play after 10 that I can hear from 1/2 a mile away. I guess the law does not apply to the law makers.

There does not seem to be any law against leaf blowers on Sunday mornings or loud piped motorcycles which rattle the windows at 2 am.

One spring Sunday morning at precisely 7 am we were asleep, windows open and I heard a commercial wood chipper crank up. It was a tree service doing routine tree removal across the street. I called the police to ask what the ordinance was and they said after 7 am it was fine.

All of this is to say that there are serious double standards and inconcistencies in the laws and ordinances that seem to favor against people listening to music.

Regardless, it is my opinion that if what I am doing is bothering my neighbor I need to stop or do something different. I'm no saint, but in this current world where the 'self' is supreme I try to buck that trend when I can.