What is your approach to system fine tuning with cables and cords ?

Everything already sounds quite good, no obvious weak links. 
inna
We can go in all directions. One of them is how you musically match cartridge and speakers. After all, it is the beginning and the end of the signal. Tuning and fine tuning the listening room is a big subject, of course.
Now that I have the actual equipment pretty good. I have been starting to think I should do something for the room, at minimum the wall behind the speakers. Being a very large picture window. The first thing  I would do is below the window, to the sides of the in wall air conditioner, some wood block diffusers.. I would hang them from the window sill, as they need to be above and enough behind the full length floor heating element to not block the heating unit.  Some things cannot be done to the windows.. rules etc. But I think I could make something right at the window dividers to help dispersion. Something vertical with lots of diffraction, at most a few inches wide. (if  I worked on it, perhaps actually framing the Windows by maybe two inches? Finally, above?? Something very light, I can make a beam full length carried at the far sides by the bookshelves at the corner sides..  with diffusing elements attached to it.
Currently I feel there is too much sort of reverb off the back. So possibly just the things I am considering would be enough, without actually blocking the windows more. Which, like a wrote is not really allowed. (drapes are permitted but I will not close the heavy drapes I now own, for a variety of reasons. mainly pets.) All that is a thought experiment.. Maybe eventually I might do something.. maybe.. I am in no hurry.

@noble1001

good is always the enemy of the best, as I understand it.

despite what or where one feels the need to experiment with what they deem already quite good, or very nice, it just seems purdent to develop a methodology for direction, a base line from which to eveolve, and a destination that can be reached within the confines of the gear on hand.

@Elizabeth
FYI... perhaps some plants on that window sill could aid in defraction. ficus and spider plants go a long ways to diffusing sound or ameliorating reflections.

Elizabeth's path included a speaker upgrade and some efforts comparing outlets and powewr cords. among other things.

Inna says begin with the cartridge. fine. start there.

it seems prudent to say 'attack that which is blatantly wrong first.

thereafter, a consideration is that once any part of the whole is altered, it becomes the fulcrum all else is hinged to. once an accepatable level of higher performance is extracted, it must be revisited. IMHO.

EXP has shown me trying out PCs on the source, and powewr train, with power amp (s) being flung into the fire first is my baseline I'll let all else balance on.

I would not think to begin shuffeling wires, footers, platforms, etc., unless I felt the outfit was under achieving.

IOW, a 5K to 10K retail priced rig is only gonna yield so much regardless the tweaks, though these tweaks may very well satisfy its owner.

with a rig running 30K to 40K MSRP it might need some experimentation to bring out its best, and that might mean replacing one or more of the electronics for better synergy, and not merely fiddling with wires and the aforementioned bits.

the crucible is always gonna be the ear and mind set of the beholder as to thier perception of what needs to be chased, and for how long.

how many here are component junkies? wire mavens? acoustical treatment obsessive? Power conditioner experts? or rife for taming bass?

the gear itself is IMHO the main limiting factor.

in short, there is no etched in stone tablets plan for attacking and extracting the best from one's system in reality.

just get in where you fit in, or not at all if for you, good is good enough. there is no law against it.
Hello blindjim,

You are a wise man, with many pearls of wisdom that suggest a good action plan to follow such as:

"It seems prudent to say 'attack that which is blatantly wrong first."

Very good advice that I know better as 'low hanging fruit'.  

I agree that there are no set in stone rules in this hobby,  
     I would advise newcomers to read and learn as much as you can but also listen to as wide a variety of music, formats and systems as you can,  You'll not only be gaining valuable personal audio experience but you'll also be discovering what music, formats, components and system qualities you like and dislike. 
      All of this will become important once you assemble or upgrade your own systems.  I think your advice to 'follow your ears' is a good way to keep in mind what's most important and increase the chances of building a system that will really be enjoyed.

Tim

blindjim comment about something  sitting on window sill.. I have a few silk plants in vases. a mid sized sculpture, and a narrow large one now. But just now thinking maybe more.. I thought why now find a pair of larger rectangular-ish cheap vase and add irregular small blocks of wood, covering it fully to make a pair of free standing diffusion devices! with the silk flowers.The vases would fit within the window rules...