Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members?

It is usually the case that members engage in spirited, often passionate, discussions in threads. That’s normal. Regrettably, often those discussions veer off the tracks, where members are offended or genuinely have their feelings hurt by the content of others’ post(s). 

Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members? Your thoughts?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
lmbo @ the lulu talking smack now. Get a sense of humor, you’ll live longer.
Learn to laugh with people, not at people...*winks

I don’t think it is the primary aim of anyone to obviously or even subtley, to denegrate another.  anywhere. at anytime.

however,    people tend to post online as though they are a different animal now and then. as while online, normal social constraints are disolved, invisible, or just ignored.

I mentioned to another person here recently, and privately, I am old school. I speak to whomever as if they were sitting across the table from me. regardless, online, on the phone, mail, text, or email.

Audiogon has expanded thru the years with its membership and as such it emcompasses a multitude of cultures and social demographics as such demonstrating respect and common courtesy should be key in any debgate, discussion, or argument, but once more, people without apparent boundaries can become devoid of social ettiquites and protocols.

lastly, the emotive content is vacant in our posts. only the bare lines of words are displayed. without the emmotive or expressive feedback sometimes things are not well received.

say what you mean.

mean what you say.

don’t say it mean.

be well, jim

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems you begin this thread for controversy, what was your intention if not that?
I’m easy going, I try to laugh with folks. You made the choice to take my comment as being offensive instead of laughing about it.
You have a good day there, celander. Think I’ll move on to another topic :)