Best CDs

I'm new to Audiogon, and know the depth and breadth of the knowledge and experience of the people who post on the Forum, so I apologize for this amateur question.  I'm strictly digital.  I've just upgraded my system with an OPPO 205, Krell Theater 7WD, Krell Foundation 4K, and B & W 804s, 805s, and center speaker.  I've played some CDs (old collection), and they sound awful.  Is there a good brand or brands of CD and/or source that I can rely on for future purchases, or is it more complicated than that.
daj2832
Daj2832, you've gotten some good input so far but give us a little more to work with.  For example:
  1. When you say "awful" what do you mean? Bright? Muffled? Make your ears bleed? :)
  2. Is all of this equipment new?  If so, how new and what are you upgrading from?
  3. Did CDs sound good to you with your old system?
  4. Describe your room to us. Size, shape, furnishings, type of floor, is it full of windows?
  5. What kind of cables are you using?
I'm not familiar with your equipment (but somebody here is). System synergy plays a role as does what you are used to hearing.  A good test would be to find a known good sounding CD in a music genre you like and see if it sounds good to you.  If not, the problem is likely system or room related.
Good cd on good player should not sound "awful", something is definitely wrong. Unless you have zero tolerance for digital, then nothing will help.
CEC belt drive players definitely do not sound awful, even 20 years old. I rarely play cds, though.
I use an old OPPO bdp80 just as a transport into my DAC.
As such it works well enough for the few CDs I play.
However running it direct to my integrated via its rca analog outs, while maybe not "awful" is certainly much less tuneful.

OPPO may technically be a universal player but it's worst aspect is CD playback imho.

Plenty of suggestions here so far but I also agree a lot more information from the OP would be useful.
If you’re open to some new music, check out Chesky Records.  Their CD quality is superb, mainly well engineered recordings.  There are a few other companies also producing high-quality CDs too.