Best speakers in the 50-60k range ?

Some context: I’ve recently had to downsize my speakers. However since I got inot this hobby 2 years ago I’ve always been looking ahead, to see what my next big item purchase is. I’ve got a budget of about $60k for the speakers.

I have a superate budget for amp, dac, but regardless of the type of speaker I wind up with, I will get a electronic front end that makes sense for the speaker. I think it’s a bit backwards to be considering amp before I’ve selected the right speakers.

I  like pop, rock, metal, grunge like Rush, Metallica, Cranberries and Taylor Swift as much as I like better mastered music like Diana Krall.

Oh. And I like horns.

Here are the options I’ve been considering so far;

Purchasing another pair of JBL 4367. This option makes a lot of sense if I wanted to spend 100k on electronics instead. I was thinking Mcintosh (MC611) or Spectral (DMA360) amplification, or Pass Labs (XA200.8) as for preamps I could go with the Mcintosh C1100, the matching Spectral preamp, or the Pass Labs XP-30 or XS preamp. 

But I want to try Wilsons, or Avantgardes... see below.

Sasha DAW or Alexia Series 2. The former allows me to budget for a matching high power amp, the latter would require purchasing a lower end power amp until I’ve saved enough for a better one. Another option would be to wait until early 2020 before purchasing anything. The dealer I wanted to do business with carries both Mcintosh and Wilson... an audition for the aforementioned speakers is of course mandatory, and upcoming this summer. I’ve no doubt in my mind I’ll be impressed with what I hear but if im not I always have the JBL or other options.

Avantgarde Acoustics Duo XD or possibly Duo Mezzo. Yes I love horns. I am almost certain I would greatly enjoy these. I just love love horns. Another advantage is that these are self powered bass section speakers so I could use a low powered 2a3 tube amp with them. (I love 2a3 amps) which is significantly less expensive cost wise compared to the solid state beasts I’d need for the Wilsons...

Anyway that’s what I’ve got so far. I’ve asked around on another forum called audiosciencereview and the advice the few people I spoke with so far was that I’m better off getting another pair of JBL. It does seem logical. And I’d have a huge budget to play with for all manner of electronics... but the audiophile in me wants to get Wilson, or AG... 

Ill also be auditioning the Magico S5MKII but based on my research so far I don’t think I would like the sound of those speakers.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls
The ATC recommendation is a good one: those active SCM50 and 100s are extraordinary - and the best mid-range in the business. The Wilson rocks out well too, definitely worth an audition though do have a home demo, Wilson’s really boomed in my room.  I’m not a fan of the Magico ‘sound’ either, that super-fast and detailed sound is just not music to my ears, technically brilliant for sure but not so musical. 

I am listening to my Magico S5 mkii as I write this and enjoying the hell out of them.  Extremely detailed and transparent.  I would recommend giving them a listen.   A lot of great speakers in that price range.  The Wilson Alexias are great, as are YG, Rockport, Vivid. I have never listened to Tidals so cant comment.  At that price point, you are going to get a great pair of speakers, you just need to trust your own ears.  Best of luck.
RAIDHO D3.1 you have to audition if possible.  They are absolutely amazing.  I have the XT-2's and they are incredible.  If I had the budget, I would no doubt buy the D-3.1's.  No other speaker comes close.
I wouldn’t discount the Magico’s...I would be listening for tonal balance on them but I’m sure farther up the line than the A3 which is dark dark dark (that’s the only one I’ve heard), they’ve got to be more balanced tonally. I did hear in the A3 that that speaker does get timbre right and it does image but man was there ever way too much bass. I have the Paradigm Persona 9H in my listening room right now.  It is VERY impressive on all the style of music you cited but on all poorly recorded music its going to reveal that such music is, you guess it, poorly recorded.  It will both FLAT as a pancake, bright (the personas are little bright anyway) and electronic sounding.  However there is tremendous harmonic richness in the midrange on the Persona 9H and with the powered subs they will rock.  The thing is, the higher resolution you go, oftentimes some of the style of music you’ve said you listen to become problematic because they just not mastered with the idea of being played back on such a high resolution system so they become harsh and bright and clinical, one dimensional and you run screening for the volume control because you can’t stand it. Such music sounds like a giant transitor radio on a $25-$75K pair of speakers.