stanton str 8 80 ?

hi i would put on an ortofn ff15xe 2  on small arm would work ? for hif am hurting reccords ?no dj thanks.
rocky1313
"On small arm" ? What are you talking about ?

Your Stanton turntable has a very short and straight arm with no offset angle at all.
This is very strange decision, despite the fact that this is a turntable for teenagers wanna be a djs. I’m sure you need a better turntable. Stanton turntable is BS and Tonearm Geometry is unknown, they don’t care because teenagers use it with a cartridges with Conical stylus. For a conical stylus it does’t matter, but for any good cartridge with at least Elliptical stylus this tonearm must be avoided!

With any normal tonearm you can damage your records only with worn out needle, the brand of the cartridge will not help in this situation. Make sure you’re using a brand new stylus or the stylus in perfect condition.
Thanks for your input.
I stand corrected. I meant to say short...not small.
I spoke to a Stanton technician and he assured me that this is a good turntable. 
 I have been listening to it , and it sound good.
I feel that this is not a BS table as you stated.
This table was not used for DJ ing. 
Thanks again for your input.
You'd better ask Stanton Tech about tonearm geometry, null points and cartridge alignment with this short straight tonearm with no offset angle. 

Stanton was a good company until its founder Walter O. Stanton retired and sold it in the 90's. Since that day so called Stanton Group is primary oriented on pro market, so everything they are making is for deejays, the only problem is that real deejays choose Technics (always). 

If you want to know the true, do not ask a person who's selling you something or who's working for the company. 

The main problem of that cheap turntable is unknown tonearm geometry. This is the first thing i would concern about if i were you. 
A pivoted tonearm with NO offset will have maximum distortion at both ends of its arc. I.E.: at the beginning and end of an LP! Those are the two spots were the stylus has the least tangency to the record grooves! A zero-offset arm only has tangency and lowest distortion at the center of its arc!
Post removed