Best CDs

I'm new to Audiogon, and know the depth and breadth of the knowledge and experience of the people who post on the Forum, so I apologize for this amateur question.  I'm strictly digital.  I've just upgraded my system with an OPPO 205, Krell Theater 7WD, Krell Foundation 4K, and B & W 804s, 805s, and center speaker.  I've played some CDs (old collection), and they sound awful.  Is there a good brand or brands of CD and/or source that I can rely on for future purchases, or is it more complicated than that.
daj2832
If you’re open to some new music, check out Chesky Records.  Their CD quality is superb, mainly well engineered recordings.  There are a few other companies also producing high-quality CDs too.
I think we also need to know which CDs the OP finds to be awful. For instance, Achtung Baby just sounds terrible on my system. I don't think it is necessarily a flaw in the CD. I think it was produced that way on purpose to sound like techno-pop dance tracks.
I have the 2011 remastered version of Achtung baby by U2 and it sounds rather good.  Don't know about the original CD though.