Best speakers in the 50-60k range ?

Some context: I’ve recently had to downsize my speakers. However since I got inot this hobby 2 years ago I’ve always been looking ahead, to see what my next big item purchase is. I’ve got a budget of about $60k for the speakers.

I have a superate budget for amp, dac, but regardless of the type of speaker I wind up with, I will get a electronic front end that makes sense for the speaker. I think it’s a bit backwards to be considering amp before I’ve selected the right speakers.

I  like pop, rock, metal, grunge like Rush, Metallica, Cranberries and Taylor Swift as much as I like better mastered music like Diana Krall.

Oh. And I like horns.

Here are the options I’ve been considering so far;

Purchasing another pair of JBL 4367. This option makes a lot of sense if I wanted to spend 100k on electronics instead. I was thinking Mcintosh (MC611) or Spectral (DMA360) amplification, or Pass Labs (XA200.8) as for preamps I could go with the Mcintosh C1100, the matching Spectral preamp, or the Pass Labs XP-30 or XS preamp. 

But I want to try Wilsons, or Avantgardes... see below.

Sasha DAW or Alexia Series 2. The former allows me to budget for a matching high power amp, the latter would require purchasing a lower end power amp until I’ve saved enough for a better one. Another option would be to wait until early 2020 before purchasing anything. The dealer I wanted to do business with carries both Mcintosh and Wilson... an audition for the aforementioned speakers is of course mandatory, and upcoming this summer. I’ve no doubt in my mind I’ll be impressed with what I hear but if im not I always have the JBL or other options.

Avantgarde Acoustics Duo XD or possibly Duo Mezzo. Yes I love horns. I am almost certain I would greatly enjoy these. I just love love horns. Another advantage is that these are self powered bass section speakers so I could use a low powered 2a3 tube amp with them. (I love 2a3 amps) which is significantly less expensive cost wise compared to the solid state beasts I’d need for the Wilsons...

Anyway that’s what I’ve got so far. I’ve asked around on another forum called audiosciencereview and the advice the few people I spoke with so far was that I’m better off getting another pair of JBL. It does seem logical. And I’d have a huge budget to play with for all manner of electronics... but the audiophile in me wants to get Wilson, or AG... 

Ill also be auditioning the Magico S5MKII but based on my research so far I don’t think I would like the sound of those speakers.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls
If you want the best ever , go to the website of Ilumnia magister:
www.ilumnia.be
that’s sound!!
I think that Price range includes many great speakers, it will come down to taste and what you can find. 
It was a long time since I heard the JBL K2 S9900 but they were good and horn based.

I like Focal and the Scala Utopia Evo is in the Price range. I haven't heard them play rock but think they can handle that.

Someone mentioned Persona 9F, I have heard the 7F with sub and they seemed like a good rock speaker. Or the Kef Blade.

The Kii Three with bass towers should work great as well. Said to go down to 12 Hz.
#gawdbless

I agree I could have made my point in a much more easily digestible way, but for the record, it was far from sweeping. In fact it on covered 3 brands.

These are the speaker brands the OP mentioned:

Another pair of JBL 4367
Wilson Sasha DAW or Alexia Series 2
Avantgarde Acoustics Duo XD or possibly Duo Mezzo
Magico S5MKII

If you include amps he mentions:
McIntosh, Spectral, Pass

In terms of the sweeping statement of dinosaurs sucking up a lot of the spotlight/ visibility in the industry... it is admittedly an observation made without profound research, just a bunch of years of reading, observing and talking with stereo store owners. I feel I’ve discovered this opinion honestly argued, frequently enough, not to feel crazy in sharing it myself. YMMV. It gets compounded with a bit of venom, when, in my admittedly limited experience (I’m just an enthusiast) I have never heard a setup from these “well-established” companies that really provoked my interest musically or in terms of SQ. Again, YMMV.

In terms of McIntosh or Wilson or Avant Garde being relevant to the leading-edge conversation in their respective segments... well that’s the provocative part... in the most genuine sense of the word... I was hoping to provoke a conversation (relevant to a rare post about the $50-60k price point in speakers where much leading edge design (vs trickle down) starts to be affordable) about how we value brands, support brands, and who in the industry is doing the heavy lifting re: pushing forward SQ these days in speakers.

i look at companies like Vivid, Voxativ, deVore, Rockport, Tidal, Vandersteen versus Wilson and JBL,  or (Yes, Exactly!!) insert your favorite innovative “Quirky Horn Speaker” manufacturer here (mine is TotalDAC) versus AG.  I wanna root for the underdog brands every time because of the really interesting work they are doing.... and the passionate responses I’ve had to the musicality of their products.

I agree with @blindjim that one of the best things that the bigger players offer is (at least the appearance of) long-term value/support/reliability...

....but the only way these more fledgling companies can get to that level of stability is if we support them for their innovations, and SQ.

i argue for taking a bit of risk for the sake of a more passionate relationship to the products you use (even if you might not be able to hand them down to your grandchildren) and for supporting the brands that are pushing the envelope a bit further for all of us. Quality and longevity are often to be found in this place in spades, outside the top line industry brand names.

enjoy the music

What a nice problem to have.  Strongly consider the Vienna Acoustics "The Music". A true reproducer, it will give garbage out whit garbage in, but can often sound just like, well, the music. Solid bass, dynamics, subtlety and about $20-30k less.  Amp sensitive, but not power hungry. I drive my Mahlers, the predecessor, with as little as 60W (near class-A tho).
What about my absolute fav, the Infinity IRS or the Genesis V? 

G