Beware of the cable claiming long burn in period.

Almost all the audio equipment including speaker need burn in time.

But I had bad experience with one digital cable recently.

Some people blew the horn on it and claimed burn in time more than 100 hours.

Out of box it had lot of details but etched.

After 8 weeks (around 200 hours) it got little bit better but its overall performance is not better than other digital cable that I have had.

Now it is too late to return it.

Beware of any cable claiming more than 50 hours of burn in time.

The chance is high that you will waste your time and money.
128x128shkong78
Post removed 
To get back to "listening for 500 hours'.. well YEAH, if you plug in the cable and press play... I would think playing them to break them in is 'listening to the for 500 hours of break in'. For my recent experience the worst was the near endless break in of the pile of Furutech AC duplex GTX-D NCF Rhodium. The up and down ride for months.. (partially/completely? due to my buying a few then more then more over two months.) was annoying, gratifying and then back to annoying. So I can sympathize with folks stuck with Morrow! If I had any advice about Furutech Rhodium GTX-D NCF??? Buy them COOKED!   
I am glad it is over.. NO more breaking in anything for me.. for awhile..
It’s a little bit dangerous IMHO to ascribe up and down changes of break-in or even *any* changes over a period of time due to the fact that most audiophiles are continually adding, changing or deleting cables, equipment, room treatments or tweaks, not to mention all the other variables that affect sound. - day vs night, day of the week, weather, and things that uh, go bump in the night. 
Sadly Geoff, sometimes, a few of us actually stop changing anything. For months!!! Even years!!!! Seems impossible, but true.