Cd's to make a come back in the future?

I heard a reviewer John Darko say he thinks cd's will make a come back. Does anyone think so to?
I have no intention of selling/giving away my cd collection now or ever.
Thoughts?
128x128gawdbless
Nice.

But not news to me... lol

Been a huge cassette user and advocate for years.

Never dumped my original stash of tapes and add to the collection on a daily basis.
thrift shops between fifty cents and dollar each.
our lrc does them at $2 each.

A good tape on a good player just sounds so musical.
My roommate in college had a Nakamichi dual tape deck (not the dragon). We were into cassettes in a big way. Saved our money for the highest quality tapes.

I don't have any of them now.

Listened to them in the car a lot and found that car cassette decks were hard on them.
@n80. I learned the hard way early on what a cheap car player could and would do to a prized tape.....

I found a very good fairly priced player by Panasonic and that was all I ever fitted in my cars for years.
Of course then that darn CD came along and stole the show ,made it very difficult to even buy a new car cassette player.
I often thought my car cassette system sounded better than my home LP system in many respects. More dynamic, more coherent, much more entertaining. Of course, there are some good reasons why that would be so. Battery power, crossover-less speakers, nearfield listening, seismic isolation provided by shock absorbers. Besides, tape is a natural medium. It breathes.