Buy LED, LCD or Plasma

Going for a new TV. Any hints, warnings or advice? It will go over the fireplace instead of the rug there now.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
I have a Panasonic TC-P50G10 hanging on my wall. The TV is great but if I could have spent $3995, I would have moved up to the Panasonic Z-1. It comes in only one size presently (54 inch) but it is lightweight and only 1 inch thick.
The reason I recommend this one to you is the wireless setup. Fishing a half dozen wires through your wall can be a major pain. With the Z-1, all you need on the wall is an AC outlet (use a Porter Port). The rest of your stuff plugs into a box on your equipment rack that communicates with the monitor wirelessly.

By the way, this set is basically a wireless version of the V-10.
Questions for plasma-owners: 1) I've read that Gov. Ah-nold was contemplating banning the sale of Plasmas in California due to their power consumption, thoughts? 2) I've also read Plasmas don't do well long-term, any long-time Plasma owners experiencing problems?
Albert, no, but with those figures in mind, I'm thinking a 65" plasma will be a much better compromise than a 58".
Unsound, I'm seriously thinking the same thing, I hate to spend that much but the 65" is probably more suited to the distance from seating and as someone in this thread wrote, you never wish you had gone smaller.

Chazro, Panasonic is rated for 80,000 hours. Even at 8 hours a day it will be out of date technology and disposed of before I hit that mark. The new plasmas use less energy than earlier models but certainly not as efficient as LCD LED. Ah-nold is right about that.

Marcojack, I was desperately looking for wireless because of what you mention. The LG has some problems if not line of sight and the Panasonic only goes to 50" which is smaller than my current 55".

BB offered me an open box Pioneer Elite 60", I don't know how many hours are on it, 60" and they want $3800.00. However with same program material on Panasonic a and Elite Pioneer Plasmas, there was precious little difference. Panasonic is new in the box, $200.00 more money but 65".

BB is offering free delivery, free calibration and discount wall mount for a short time. I'm probably going to have to make a decision soon so I can take advantage of this. Everyone says a good set up of one of these Plasmas makes for a big upgrade.
I am in the same boat as you and have decided to wait and see what the new Vizio 72" panel looks like in person. http://www.vizio.com/news/VIZIOLaunchesNEWXVTProSeriesofAdvancedHDTVTechnology/