I’m gob smacked. What were you’re aha moments?

Had a productive couple of weeks on the used gear market and today has been digital demo day (Analog arrives next week). Added a Bryston BCD-3 and original Tara Labs Prime I/C’s to my system at very good prices. 

I don’t have “golden ears” by any stretch but I’m gob smacked at the results.

The BCD-3 is replacing an Oppo UDP-205 w/ DHL BL-1 I/C’s. Rest of gear is an Anthem STR integrated and ML Monti’s. My bass has easily doubled, maybe tripled. I can feel the pressurization in my room and it’s tight not bloated. 

I think this has been the biggest jump up in SQ I’ve experienced. What were your biggest surprises/improvements regardless of budget?

lmnop
Magnets and magnetic fields for the most part are something to be avoided. That’s why mu metal should be wrapped around large transformers and why a degausser is of great value for removing magnetic fields from CDs, LPs, cables and cords. And why audiophiles generally avoid ferrous chassis connectors, The willy nilly application of magnets is probably best avoided. Some audio products employ magnetism in their design, even some of mine. But there probably aren’t any audio products that work solely by applying a magnetic field. Yes, I realize that one cable operates by “magnetic conduction.” So, please, no angry emails. Plus there are some very specific applications for small colored ceramic magnets courtesy PWB Electronics. Yet, I remain open minded, so keep experimenting.
Yes 2 cheap mats will be used here nevermind where ...But I hope and I am confident to notice an improvement like the one you note...My systems with stones and crystals cabled connected grid +batteries+magnets is very musical and the noise threshold is lowest after all that I did....Thanks for the idea,nevermind the results...
Geoff I am with you for the magnets...But mine are only on the batteries not in contact with the gear, and they are only fridge magnets, and they make a very sensible difference on the small batteries I use... My stones cabled and crystals audio grid is not connected to the gear and exist near the amp ,near the dac and speakers, no magnets is directly in contact with a piece of equipment, it is not good and I am perfecty ok with your advice...My house electrical grid is also cleaned with stones...And I use aluminum sheets to isolate piece of gear from one another...

By the way it is you who speaks to me of the Stein Harmonizer that included in his design crystals and batteries if I remember correctly...I was pleased because that confirm  the effectiveness of my own design by an another road...I only added some magnets to the batteries because the effect was more effective... 
Post removed 
Creativeness buy more satisfaction than only money...I am with you Elisabeth, many audiophiles want to pay big bucks to assure themselves...I dont have money then I must be creative because I dream of good sound music...Cheaper than cheap is my motto...and buying used... My  actual system is so musical that I am no more frustrated by costly one I cannot afford to buy...