Speaker wiring question

My first pair of speakers with dual binding posts. My question is weather or not it’s ok to connect one of the speaker wires to the positive or negative on the high and one on the low or should the positive and neg be connected to the low or high side posts.  This is with the shorting brackets attached.  Hope this wasn’t too confusing
metman
I would like to ask you proponents of bi wiring a question.  At what point along the run of speaker wire would jumping across to a second pair of wires constitute "bi wiring"?  Could I tap into the original pair at the mid way point, jump across to a second pair of speaker wires and continue on the the speaker terminals?  Would that be "bi wiring"?  At what point must a second pair of wires be introduced to be considered bi wiring, thus achieving superior sound?   
@metman :

"but I also used different Interconnects and am wondering if that was the reason."

Never change more than one variable at a time!
I wanted to use the same ones I used the previous time which happened to come with the integrated I just purchased ( Denon pma 2000 IVR - pretty impressive unit incidentally) but forgot where I put them and used my Morrow IC instead   They'll turn up and  Like I said I'll continue to experiment.  The speakers are Platinum Audio reference one's and very impressed thus far with these as well