Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
@geoffkait Cables are directional. LOL. Settling time. I'm in the wrong business but of course I can't bring myself to that level of detachment from reality. 
Not the be argumentative but level is critical with or without springs. Obviously springs make it easier to balance and level. I actually distinguish between balance and level, now that you bring it up since you can balance a thing on springs yet not be level. Depends on the underlying surface which is oft not level. Furthermore, the CD level during play is oft times not (rpt not) the same level as the chassis or the tray. Obtaining level of the tray can be a little bit tricky. Finally, Out of level Condition is amplified by out of round CDs.
astelmaszek71 posts03-05-2019 10:03am@geoffkait Cables are directional. LOL. Settling time. I'm in the wrong business but of course I can't bring myself to that level of detachment from reality.

>>>>You appear to be enjoying an out of body experience right now. 🤗
The one thing folks always leave out when discussing transports is: How clean the surface of ANY CD they stick in there to be read.
Folks who are not cleaning off the surface every time are constantly adding damage to the laser lens. Every time the lens hits the dirt, nearly invisible to the human eye dirt left on the reading surface. I liken it to leaving bricks and logs strewn all over a freeway. How long do you think your gonna drive at 65mph with those all over, and you cannot swerve, you just hit the stuff. BLAM blam BLAM BOOM.. ? Well it is exactly what you are doing to the laser lens with dusty CDs!!!!
I have used compact ’blush brushes (yes for women's makeup) and I brush off every CD every time. 100% never fail. And I have never had a laser fail. I play a LOT of music, using the same play for ten years.. Failures are always something else other than the laser assy.
So take heed... That Cd transport may sound like garbage because the lens has been beat to hell...
Geoff yes, yes, and yes. What naysayers fail to understand is strands of wire are pulled/drawn through a die, rough edges are bent over on a microscopic level

Many cable companies put direction arrows on their jackets, so where does this silliness come from? Ignorance, or flat ou stupidity?

elizabeth, yes, before playing any new discs I always clean them with oil free soap and RO water. I used to use various treatments, but found over time that they oxidize creating a haze that the laser cannot read through 100%. 

That said my Marantz HD CD 1 is new but the laser is very fussy, or somewhat misaligned from the factory. Never had this issue with my Oppo 105