Doug Schroeder Method, Double ic

I think this topic deserves its own thread , where use double ic through y adapters , from source to preamp, Can’t connect it from Preamp to Amp...For me the result is huge, I can’t go back to single ic....
128x128jayctoy
Sorry if this was already covered in this thread, but instead of building ICs with double the conductors in parallel, can you get get the same effect by using the normal amount of conductors at twice the gauge?  Meaning, instead of parallel runs of 12 gauge wire, just use one run of 9 gauge wire.
ketchup, I would suspect a lot of the benefit is from heavier AWG. There is no point in denying that is a major contributor to the success of Schroeder Method. 

However, the use of a second distinct ground may also play into the change sonically. The method is so fresh that there are more questions unanswered than answered. 

While use of a splitter or Y-cable is obviously not advantageous in comparison to a manufactured double cable, the advantage is in potentially mixing ICs of different brand/models to obtain the "flavor" of sound one wishes. Some users have already started to mix and match, and it seems with excellent results. 

And, as in speaker cabling, within reason if someone makes a lower AWG speaker cable, that, too can be paired, and what will the result be then? It sounds insane, but that was the thought that crossed my mind why I paired two interconnects in the first place. Knowing what doubting speaker cables does for the sound, I wondered what would happen if two ICs were paired, obviously doubling the conductor material. That is the kind of exploration I love in audio.  :) 
Correct, larger gauge won’t get you what you are looking for. I tried a standard 12 gauge set vs the DS method with 16ga and the DS method with 16 gauge was certainly better in every way. 
So "one 'test' makes the rule" seems a bit quick to judgement there. When a bunch of folks try the smaller gauge dual cables vs one larger gauge. Plus did you  try two sets of wires 16 g with one pair of RCA? And most important, were the insulation of each type the same quality? 
For example Kimber makes the same cable. KS1111/KS1011 and KS1116/KS1016 same wire same ends, just the '6' has multiple pairs of conductors. I believe six vs one pair for the type model ending'1'.(I own several pairs of the '6' model.

I test and make cables daily. It is what I do. Yes, I test all manner of gauge, dialectic, twist, materials etc.., No, not just once or one combo.

It may be possible to find an outlier to my comment and in audio one must always leave the door of possibility open. I also know we all hear differently. My comment is based on my experiences, in general, with ICs. I did not take the time to post all my gauge testing in my post above.

Yes, the previous posts are in agreement with your comment about additional conductors being a good thing. This is a point of agreement. This is especially true when done in the DS arrangement.  However, if using only one positive and one negative individually insulated wire there is a point when the thicker gauge is no longer a benifit.  It actually becomes a sonic negative. I gave one example.