Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
@fred60 That is correct that the Oppo can't output SACD over coax. I don't think any player can. 
I have yet to find any transport which compares to the Philips which floats on jewels, as used in the old equipment like my Rotel RDP 980.The sound is incredible.
This unit picks a disc in 1 second.The logic is a dream, a full size pcb packed with electronics, dual psu and HQ caps.It is connected to the RDD 980, another master in my opinion.This cost me a few k years ago, well worth the buy.When i procured the 2 i stripped and re soldered both units, took a day.I replaced the Bakelite tray loader gear with a plastic gear.Can one still purchase such systems in today's price point world?

The Nakamichi Dragon CD System exhibited by Mapleshade at CES many years ago had a very unique feature. After the CD was placed on the tray and the CD tray was inserted into the transport the tray was locked in place.  Then a vacuum was created, filling the entire transport compartment. In addition, at the show, the entire 3 piece Nakamichi CD system was isolated on a sub-Hertz platform.
astel, Im talking about interconnects which transfer signal not current

hth, 
Just so there's no misunderstanding fuses in AC circuits and power cords are also directional.  All wire is directional. If you don't know what the word directionality means look it up.