Monitor speaker that will stop the Quest?

There's a great thread, "Speakers to hold onto for life".
The overwhelming consenses is that they're fullrange speakers.
How about us monitor speaker fans? What monitor speaker
do you own or plan on purchasing that will indeed stop
the quest for a better speaker, or to hang on to for life.
markeetaux
I think that the LSA1 Statement deserves a serious look by anybody looking at monitors in the under $3K range. Very, very musical, detailed yet non fatiguing, sweet top end from that ribbon tweeter, precise imaging, huge soundstage and remarkable bass extension. Mine are not nearly broken in yet, but I'm loving them! :-)
The NuForce Stereo 8.5V3 arrived yesterday, and has since been running some 20 hours. Allegedly the V3's require som 150+ hours(preferably past 200 hrs) to settle in, and will up to this mark or point present the listener with a reported rollercoaster ride going from good to bad to flabbergast inducing good. However, not many hours into its run yesterday evening a friend and I did have trouble catching our jaws; the level of resolution, extension(both ends of the scale) and decay, control, clarity, speed, organic-ness, solidity(as in voices exhibiting a very lifelike core and presence), purity, and a difficult-to-describe "energy" was beyond what any of us had experienced in most any home setup. Hard to believe that such a tiny box, and at an attractive price, can make such a difference. And to conclude: I'd say this little amp couples extremely well with the C-1.0's...
Glad to hear you're happy with the NuForce (haven't checked in here at audiogon for awhile). What preamp are you using?
I've heard the C-1.0s with high-end Simaudio (awesome) and also with a Bel Canto integrated (good but not great - I could definitely tell that the amp was holding back the system).
04-24-10: Rebbi
I think that the LSA1 Statement deserves a serious look by anybody looking at monitors in the under $3K range. Mine are not nearly broken in yet, but I'm loving them! :-)
Rebbi (System | Threads | Answers)
Loving them so much they're for sale less than three weeks later!

:)
Im banging my head with these ones but they are so good they deserve a LOT more attention. Irrespective of the definition of floor stander or monitors, they are placed on stand but are quite large, they are the finest speakers I have heard period and the ones that have stopped my search for another speaker, now my quest is for a headphone that can be even remotely close, although that feels more of an utopia, but the speakers are the APL Gravitas NB-1