Differences between cd transports?

Howdy,I borrowed a dedicated CD transport (Musical Fidelity) from a friend. I have found that music sounds much better with his transport than with the CD player I’ve been using to spin CDs. In both cases, I am using exactly the same DAC via the optical out connection from the transport and the CD player. So: is there any rational reason that, using the same digital to analog converter, one CD spinner should sound much better than another?Thanks!  
rebbi
@tweak1 And how do you think that "signal" gets transferred? Let me help you out: current. It never ceases to amaze me that the biggest proponents of all this voodoo have the least amount of understanding of basic principles of electronic design. Actually, it makes perfect sense.

@geoffkait I really hope the electrician in house didn't pull NM in the wrong direction.
tweak1
... aren't all ICs driven by DC within the preamp/dac/amp?
Let's hope not. Audio signals are AC.
Astelmaszek
@geoffkait I really hope the electrician in house didn’t pull NM in the wrong direction.

>>>>My electrician uses a Push Me Pull Me. 🔛 I’m pretty sure now you aren’t gronking what we mean by the word directionality. That’s why you’re still all tangled up. We see this a lot here. No big deal.
cleed if that's true why aren't people getting the crap shocked out of them when they change ICs or speaker cables with music playing?