B&W 801 Matrix or JBL L150

I know Matrix is a much more expencive, Hi-End kind of speaker but still I'm allready used to kick ass huge sound of JBL driven by Mac 6900. I'm thinking about getting myself a McIntosh MC2500 amp and possibly a replacing JBL with 801 Matrix. How do they compare? I'm sure B&W will be cleaner but I'm afraid of it's brightness (not that the highs on JBL are anything special, but they are pretty comfortable with the right system). Will it give the same HUGE sound and bass? Looks like it should but still...
antonkk
I agree with Stanwal :The 801's ( Matrix line ) are a great speaker..The better quality power you feed them the more you will be rewarded.....The Matrix 801 is not bright,unless you feed it with bright electronics...McIntosh should work well...........
I used to own the 801 series 3 and only upgraded to the N802's because of the crossover, FST midrange driver and other improvements. I will say that years ago people would sell the 801's not realizing how good they really were because they were lacking in the electronics department pushing them with more mid-fi components. You will not be disappointed with the 801's as they perform every style of music without serious trade offs.
How would you describe 801 series 3 compared to modern N802? Did 802 lack the bass or the scale or 801?
N802's can handle any power/volume you throw at them and the 801 midrange would slightly break up. I even had the NorthCreek crossovers which made the 801's sing. Bass is not a problem, I have always used 2 B&W ASW 800 matrix subs and they blend just fine. You will never regret owning a pair of the 801's though, go that route.
How does the earlier 801 series 80 compares? There is a local guy selling it for a good price.