Interested in Focal Scala Utopias

I'd like to know more about the characteristics of these speakers. Anyone familiar with them? I don't think there are any US dealers.
madfloyd
Elviukai,

My comments were regarding someone not hearing any sibilance at all with the Scala.

Now that I have the Scala spiked into the ground there is no sibilance generally unless, of course, as you noted, it is in the recording (and ime, sibilance is not only found in audiophile recordings but, also, a lot of commercially available music) but, then again, there is a lot of sibilance in human speech that we tend to tune out. It may also be the case that I am particularly sensitive to this phenomenon.

In any case, I have no issue with the Scala and sibilance.
Hraouf1,

I am not sure who your question is directed at, but if it's me, you can just click on the word "System" next to my username at the bottom of any of my posts and you will get all the details regarding my system.
James63,

Thank you, I like to think so.

I really appreciate your comment on the aesthetics as I made a conscious effort to address that aspect while building my system. While performance is paramount, performance isn't mutually exclusive from presentation. My girlfriends may not fully appreciate my hobby but outside of reservations over the size of floorstanding speakers generally they typically love the way the system looks and is integrated into the room and, further, seem willing to accept the size of the speakers when they get to hear their favorite music on my system (they start bringing over their favorite CDs just to listen to them on my system and I'm generally a nice host but have to draw the line on some CDs ;) ).