Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Thanks guys,
As of now I am running a Modwright modified Oppo BDP83 into the Supernait. This summers plan is to add a music server into the SN DAC and eventually buy the Naim DAC. I am also getting a turntable this year. hopefully the Rega P7.
When my Superflys get here, I'll report back what I hear with both the Supernait and the little Nait 1.
I just brought home one of my father's extra amplifiers to experiment. Its a class D job, a Panasonic XR-25 digital receiver. I've got it's volume maxed out and am using my tube preamp into the tape input.

What I'm hearing is interesting but definitely inferior so far to my First Watt F1.

The midrange is thin and kind of lifeless. Its detailed but very flat and lacking in texture, but sound staging is great, resolution top to bottom is really nice and my speakers seem like they may be benefiting from the additional power.

Bass isn't any more impactful, in fact its probably less so, but space and air seems like it might have improved.

This was a cheapie experiment and not intended for a second to replace my First Watt, but it does have me curious/eager to try other amplification.
is there an amp i can find here in the $500-$800 range that can power my Soul's? i agree that my cambridge 540 and HK 3490 are lacking in the lower midrange/bass arena.
Ctaudio15,

I drive my Druids very nicely with an AudioSector Patek. I suspect it would do similar justice to the Souls, and would be at the high end of your budget if you could find one used. If you need an integrated (like your Cambridge and HK) AudioSector makes a passive integrated too.

David
I have been singularly unimpressed by classD amplification, whether $30 t-amp or $1000 Rotel. They both sound the same, except Rotel has more watts (it's ICE implementation).

with classD, I say, don't spend money on fancy implementation. It all sounds classD.