Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Phil, thanks for the comprehensive and thoughtful reply.

I have the Suoerfly's in my home theatre system at the moment while Harbeth SLH5's occupy the mins in my 2-channel setup.

Would you be able to pass comment on how the Quad Classic II's would pair with the Harbeths? I'm assuming that the 15W amps would be stretching it a bit (even though with the type of music I listen to and SPL's I listen at, I have no problems enjoying the Dignity 300b). The Harbeths are officially rated at 87 db sensitivity but have actually been measured in a review at closer to 91 db. I suppose the Classic II-40 would supply a little headroom.

Assuming you're familiar with the Harbeth house sound, do you think the Quad Classic would be a likely match?

Regards,
Dave
I am just wondering how in < 4 months, there are over 300 threads on the wackily named "Zu Soul Superfly"?

Is anyone here affiliated with the manufacturer in any way?

Thank you,
300 threads? I'm aware of maybe five on the internet, and I search... frequently.
08-29-10: Cwlondon
Is anyone here affiliated with the manufacturer in any way?

Hi Cwlondon,

I am affiliated with the manufacturer by buying firstly Zu Druids and then Zu Essence speakers. Over here in England we are waiting to take a listen to our favorite music through the Soul Superfly's when they eventually land here.

Get a listen to your favorite music through any of the Zu speakers (on the end of a well selected system) and you might understand why there is over 300 posts on this speaker(s).

Best regards

James
Cwlondon,

I'm with Gopher. I assume you meant posts rather than threads.

I can't imagine that anyone here is affiliated with Zu. The reality is that this is a high efficiency; high impedance speaker that appears to solve a lot of issues for a lot of people interested in high efficiency; full range; A small size floorstandes.

Moreover there is a backlog on orders through word of mouth and reviews have been delayed as a consequence. Thus they would have little to gain right now by pushing stuff online

Mike