Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
I've talked to them a bit recently. They are having some issues displaying the prices based on location on their website so they are displaying European pricing. The $1500 for the Omen is the European price (I'm almost sure). The Omen is the $1000 US speaker that they sent an email about earlier in the week.

I know that they have been committed to making a speaker at that price point to start to get good sound/hifi out to more people. I think that the Omen is that speaker.

As a new (and very very happy) Soul Superfly owner, I think I have a new candidate for the 2nd system or for an upgrade to my home theater system.
Zanon, I'm pretty sure the tweeter is actually the same as the Soul. The pair I borrowed had the screen over the tweeter, which Sean said was something they were experimenting with.

In terms of cost-cutting, it looks like the cabinet itself is really basic, and the specs make no mention of a foam wedge, so I wouldn't expect to see one. Cabling is copper instead of silver.

I am mildly concerned about having the tweeter below the main driver on a 3 foot tall speaker, although that's easily solved by tiling the speaker. And since it's 12" deep, doing so shouldn't affect the speaker's stability.

I'm very interested to hear how the Omen compares to the Soul Superfly. Yes, I expect it to be inferior, but at $1500 it fits within my budget and is very tempting.
Hopefully the price really is $1000USD. If so, I will just have to make room in the budget for a pair. :)
>>09-12-10: Tjnindc
The $1500 for the Omen is the European price (I'm almost sure).<<

No, that is not correct.

The introductory price is $999 until 11/10/10.

Then the price increases to $1500.