Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
While ordering, I asked for the values they spec for the cap, so that I could make the change myself at some point in the future. Sean explained that some of the units were not yet assembled, so it would be no problem for them to make the change. I thought that was mighty nice of him, given the price of these things.

I tend to prefer copper to silver wire, and the amps I own (some of which are SS) should do better with a driver that offers a bit more resistance. So I couldn't know for sure w/o listening, but I'm thinking I ordered a version of this speaker that suits me well, and for a better-than-fair price.

We'll see how it plays out.
Mundorf silver in oil 1uf with a 10ohm resistor on the 16 ohm FRD superfly and a 12 ohm resistor with the 12 ohm Druid/Omen FRD.

As far as i know.
Since the Superflys are 16 ohm, I would suggest puting on a Classic amp NYAL OTL, They are 16 ohms, and majic will happen

I had a a pair modded by Gerorge Kay,I used 16 ohm horns at the time, and they were a perfect match. Mid range to die for Bass like a SS would give, and upper frequencies detailed and dynamic.

George Kay today builds Moscode Amps, Give him a call he may mod a set for you, then bepared to be shocked

Also seen him Mod a pair of Quads, so if any of you out there are quad affectionados, you wont beleive the bass respond you will get. He actually kept a set in his studio where he works on electronics, as his refrence to test the work he does.

He also did the work on Cheskys mixers in his recording studio. I have no business relationship with him, was just a very sastified customer, and blown away by his work.
This is a self-serving post and normally I wouldn't do this, but just a heads up as I think there is a particularly strong synergy with Zu speakers...

The Redgum integrated I've gushed about in this thread is now for sale here on the 'gon.

I'd rather this go to a Zu owner and its not likely you'll see another one used.
So whats going on with all the Superfly people? I'm running mine with a Cayin A55t tube integrated, Peachtree idecco, Sqeezebox Touch, Cambridge Audio 640c CD & a Rel t3 sub. Everything sounds great. Sometimes a little bright if i go loud. Thinking of trying a different amp. I really like to try a Decware. Where's Gopher at? He got me going on these Superly's