Is my room too small

My music room is 10 x 15 and I sit 12 feet away from my speakers. I see these Von Schweikerts vr-4 jr mk2 model on Agon. Great price, great reviews, but huge speakers. Is my room too small for these and if so how large can I go?
neyloj2
If I recall correctly, this room and your seating position should work with the "AudioPhysic" set-up method ... hence Audio Physic speakers would probably be a good choice. Virgos are great sounding speakers, and the Mk I are a bargain these days
Treatment, treatment and more treatment. If you listen 'nearfield', be sure to treat the area behind your ears.
No - My room is 10' 4" x 16' and well treated, I have speakers out 58" from front wall and sit 9' away.

I had the VR4 Jrs and coudlnt stand them, sold them in 2 weeks. I used a Pass X250 amp and VPI Super scout master as my equipment. They just never sounded right ( I spent 2 weeks moving them around to no avail)

In my room I owned and liked
Spendor SP1/2e
B&W 801 Matrix III
Currently have Revel F52 - blows them all away
FWIW, my room is 11*15, speakers along long wall, my seat < 1' from rear wall, which is treated w/ 4" thick bass panels behind my head, reflective side out; the ear ignores reflections < 10ms which a panel close to the head provides in mid-upper freq's while absorbing bass freq's which take longer to reflect and thus cause smearing, as Daverz mentioned.

i'm +/- 5db to 40hz or so IIRC. without room treatments, expect to be +/- 20db. seriously
Thanks to all of you, so bottom line here is treat the room and use whatever speakers I want? I see so many room set ups, even small rooms with Van Schweikerts VR4 jr mk 2 I figure these have to be good. So thats my choice.