Best amp for Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario?

Hi,

I have just purchased a pair of SF Amati Anniversario to replace my Tannoy TD12's and rreally wanted to know what a great amp wold be for them my maximum budget would be $20k I have heard they arre quite hard to partner and somme owners have gone through many amps beffore finding sommething ideal. Thanks for your help. Tim
chatnoirmeow
sounds like a winner! very nice. Congrats. Cannot comment on either CD player unfortunately. look forward to your next post.
Well - I know this is an old thread - but for anyone looking for answers in future.... Simaudio Moon amps work very well with Sonus Faber and I have the Amati Palladio now, with Moon P8-RS and W8-RS pre/power.

I tried other models in the range too, which all worked - but speakers this good deserve the best amps you can give them if possible !
Congrats!!! Nice rig!!!

How does the Palladio compare to the regular Amati (if u can, feel free to compare to any of the 3...i am familiar with all of them).

Your experience does not surprise me...imho, the Homage series sound great with mid-powered tubes...but react exceptionally well to high current amplification PROVIDING the 'voice' is not hard or overtly forceful which the Sims are not.

Enjoy!!!!!
Hi - well to be honest I did not compare them based on sound ... I certainly loved the regular Amati and actually preferred the Palladio visually, which is why I went for it - without the 'need' to do an A-B ........

Stunning speakers and work well in a Moon powered set up!