What do I need to run my maggies?

This is what I have:

2 x Magneplanar MG 1.6 Front
1 x Magneplanar MG CC2 Center
2 x Magneplanar MG MC1 Rear

I need the rest. I understand the 'rest' to be a 5 channel power amp good for about 300 watts @ 4 ohms AND a separate 5 channel AV receiver to handle all the ins and outs? Is that correct?

If so, what do I get? I have a budget of just under $2,000 USD and I need all the latest types of connection (HDMI and USB) but I don't need multiple zone capability.

Thanks - rev
revnice
Check out Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier with UMC-1 preprocessor or (soon to be released) UMC-200 or XMC-1 preprocessors. The Emo gear will cost you about $1400 total and will drive your Maggies effortlessly. Lots of Maggie owners at the Emotiva Lounge...

www.emotiva.com
www.emotivalounge.com

-RW-
With those speakers I wouldn't consider any HT receiver. You definitely need a high quality 5 channel power amp (Bryston or the like). An HT receiver as a pre on top of that. You can get a decent used ht receiver (Pioneer, Denon) for peanuts, so it's just finding the power amp.
Thanks to all!

Internetmin: You were right, the load dips and a that requires a lot of transient capacitance. I found out what that term meant and then pretended I knew all along.

I talked with a dude at Emotiva and we concluded that the XPR-5 does the job - transient capacitance 180,000 uF.

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/xpr5

It also has lots of Holmes and Watson (600 @ 4 ohms x 5 channels).

I was cautioned that this amp requires a 20 amp line - can anyone educate me on that? I suspect it's not just that funky socket?

Rlwainwright: Yes, I would love the UMC-1 but it doesn't exist yet and my budget is already blown.

Meiwan: Thanks - I'll check out your suggestions.

Thanks - rev
No, it's not the funky socket. I have all my equipment on a 20 amp circuit. Most home outlets are 15 and your electrician will need to upgrade that circuit to 20.

Good luck!
Theo