Devore vs Harbeth

Can anyone compare these speakers. Harbeth HL5's or c7 to a Devore super 8 or 9. I know what the Harbeth sounds like, but have never heard Devore and there aren't any dealers close.
From reading reviews they sound like they have the same qualities.
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
My situation is this, main system upstairs, Audio note SEP amp w/coincident peII's. Devore would work well there, if I wanted to change. 2nd system is HT system in basement with a big SS amp...Harbeth would work there. I had C7es3, liked them, but the lack of bass was a concern. The musicality is something I can not forget. The devore idea is more a of an upgrade thought, the Harbeth would be a replacement upgrade so when I get "sent to the basement" I like what I hear. I agree with other thoughts about Harbeth's needing SS amps, they need some juice to sound their best. Defstathiou thanks for sharing.
Thanks
Mike
"My situation is this, main system upstairs, Audio note SEP amp w/coincident peII's. Devore would work well there, if I wanted to change. 2nd system is HT system in basement with a big SS amp..."

Ok,let me understand this properly. You want to replace your Coincident Partial Eclipse's in your main system. Your amp to drive the speaker you are seeking would be a SE Audio Note amp. I am surprised you are not considering DeVore or Audio Note, instead of DeVore or Harbeth. The reason is simply because you already have an Audio Note amp that will likely drive either the AN or DeVore speakers.

"With that one, the Devore's are tight, fast, very detailed, and even handed."

I very much agree w/ Restocks comments here on the Super 8.
That is what the Nines sound like to my ears as well.
That's with my 25 wpc Push-pull amp anyway.

I can't speak to the DeVore's, but I think the notion that Harbeth's need to be driven with a high powered solid state amp is not accurate.

I've driven my Harbeth M-40.1's with the following:

1. Plinius SA-102 (class A SS @ 125 WPC)
2. Musical Fidelity Nuvista M3 (integrated SS @ 275 WPC)
3. McIntosh MC275 MKV (75 WPC tube amp)
4. McIntosh MA2275 (75 WPC tube integrated)

The lower powered tubed Mac gear bested the two solid state setups by large margin. Just my experience, YMMV.
Although, they do not have the same sound quality, they are both good speakers. It all comes down to personal preference. I would buy both if I had the choice.
Both are great speaker brands with one having quite a bit more heritage associated than the other - a newbie. My ownership of the C7 and gibbon 3 have more than concluded my taste of these makes. Harbeth house sound shines in the vocals and natural instruments. Devore house sound is a bit more lively, punchy and at times nasal. Take your pick depends on your type of music, source, listening space, electronics etc. In the end I got rid of both of these brands.