Anyone heard the new Daber Audio Monitor 3?

I won my first A-gon auction recently, and it was a pair of the Daber Audio Monitor 3, three way speakers. I had no previous knowledge of Daber Audio or these speakers, but I could do the math in my head and knew I was getting a good deal pricewise, so I took the chance.

I am really impressed with these speakers. Firstly, I'm all about imaging and soundstage, and have been known to sacrifice some bass response in favor of both. The Monitor 3 images like a good two way, has great soundstage and I get bass too! Nice tight bass. They also look fantastic... I opted for the Piano Black finish, and it's gorgeous.

I probably sound like a shill, but actually I'm just an audio geek happy with his latest purchase, and I just wanted to pass it on. You can find me on other audio forums under the same user name to confirm this. Mostly the two most well known headphone sites. I think Daber has some other speaker offerings planned for the near future, and I think they're worth a look. I had been planning on building my own speakers, as I'm a woodworker, but the idea of designing and building crossovers had me pausing.
128x128swt61
You beat me out on the auction for the speakers. Thanks for posting your impressions. The plannar tweeter peeked my interest in the speakers. For the price I was willing to take the chance on these unknown speakers. What other speakers have you compared them too. Hope to acquire a pair soon.
Good luck with your new monitors.
No side by side comparisons yet, but other speakers I've owned include Paradigm Reference Active 20 monitors, ESS AMT 1D with the Heil air motion transformer and Omega Grande 6 to name a few of the more recent ones. These compare quite favorably. I loved the Heil tweeter/midrange unit of the ESS speakers, but the bass was a bit loose and wooly. The Omega was awesome on female vocals, but not as dynamic as I'm used to. And the paradigm was fantastic at imaging and soundstage, and probably my favorite speaker up until the Daber's. The Monitor 3 imaging and soundstage is on par with the Paradigms, but with a little deeper low end, and overall better midrange purity. I'm a big fan of Orthodynamic/Isodynamic headphones, and the tweeter definitely has some of that signature I love. Dispersion is fantastic. The aluminum domed mids are what I think really give the speakers the edge over a good two way design, without sacrificing imaging, and they allow the woofer to be freed up from high mid reproduction.