Changed Speaker Placement NOW BOOMY

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem. We bought new furniture for the living room where the stereo is and after replacing a couch, adding a chair and moving the speakers and audio rack down about 2 feet towards the corner and the speakers which where about 3 feet off the wall before are now about 14" off the wall.

I now have this unnatural sub boom and since I am using thiel 1.6 which have very little if any sub freq I can only assume its the room.

I understand that moving stuff around can do this, but its such a big change and I really dont have much room to play with.

Are there any cheap cheap cheap ways of fixing boom bass in a room.

The room is 12' X 26' with 9' ceilings.

If you look at my system pix the stereo is sorta in the same place with minor adjustments.

Any help would be super awesome.
128x128thegoldenear
Lots of varying info. How will you decide what to take as advice? ;-)

Everest: amazon.com/Master-Handbook-Acoustics-Alton-Everest/
Toole: amazon.com/Sound-Reproduction-Acoustics-
"I've never sat in front of Hyperions, but they look great."

Timlub, you make me feel better. The only thing I didn't like about Hyperions was black piano finish and coffin like shape. Now it is slowly growing on me. I even realized that possible scratches on black piano finish can be easily repaired by piano repair/restoration shop while scratches on wood veneer are almost impossible to erase.
Kal,
I've never read a thing on the subject. My Experience is just doing, doing, doing. Trial and error and being around alot of people who tried and failed many times before me. Everything that I've mentioned is proven only by me to me, But all used many times and as you can see, I've been creative more than once on making my own traps and diffusers. Now after 30+ years of mistakes, I typically am able to solve most issues, but one thing that I know is, I don't know much. If I were going to buy one of these two books, which one would you recommend?
Both books are excellent.

Anyway, if you can't move the speakers or listening seat, and if your main concern is with one person listening in the sweet spot, I suggest you go with parametric EQ. It will solve the problem at your preferred listening location and has a higher WAF than external traps. (You can build bass traps into walls, but that of course requires major surgery.)
Josh358 - That's exactly my situation but EQ won't help me getting rid of echo. What happens at lower frequencies is also echo in a sense that reverberation changes sound (bass attack, decay etc.)