Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
About 35 hours in now and the Lores are getting better and better. After experimenting with placement, I have found they sound much better pulled out from the back wall. They are about 3.5 to 4ft from the back wall now and I am getting a tremendously deep, 3D soundstage. This is what I like! The drummer is clearly in the back of the stage, while the bass guitar is 3D off the right a bit, and vocals just in front of the stage but slightly recessed, as it should be, depending on the recording. To my ear, most conventional speakers make everything sound similar. These are front ported so they can sit close to the back wall and still have decent sound, but I think one would lose the holographic magic that a single full range driver can accomplish. Bass and tone are excellent, BUT!!!... I had to get placement just right for that to happen. At first, I couldn't understand why they just didn't sound musical. It was because placement was off. It seems to play all music well so far. Not a whole lot to complain about, with the exception that they are fussy about placement. I would ensure you can set up away from the back wall so for some of you that may lead to some WAF negotiations, lol.
Gpowered,

Sounds like the Lores are super sweet! With these speakers, it's all about set up. I to found 4' off the back wall to be the spot with the Omens. I went with the Omen Defs after all.
I'm still bugging Eric about getting a pro review done. Has anyone else emailed or talked to Eric about when one is going to appear?
Well, I've got over 100 hrs and these things are scary.
The depth and invisability of the speaker is hallucinatory.
I was listening last night after mid-night when the AC is as clean as it's going to get and it was spooky to say the least. Imaging was so linear. I've never been that engaged in music before. The bass is so articulate that in my small room (10X13) it is a non issue. Still full and deep, but soooo good. I've emailed Eric and let him know what a gem he has with the Lore's.
A audiophile freind of mine came over and brought his Sony XA5400 CD player and I suddenly realized I need a better front end. My other speakers didn't even come close to these. The cross over less speaker has way more bennifits than I thought possible.
Great review, Zman. I have about 70 hours on mine now and they are really opening up now. Very dynamic and resolution is unbelievable. I am still driving mine with the Deware SE84c SET, but my Quicksilver Mini Mites will be here Wed. for a face off. The system is very revealing, thus any changes I make in the chain (speaker cable, IC's, powercords), all seems to make a substantial difference in tone and overall sound. Moreso than any other speaker I've owned and that includes some that are 5-10x the price. That says allot! For any of you considering a well known conventional brand up to $10K, I would seriously look at the Lore!! This is coming from someone that has been down those roads and this purchase has me missing none of the loudspeakers I've ever owned before.

The Lore's strengths are:

Very balanced and seamless design
Superb mid range - vocals sound great!
Good lower end - but more in class of qaulity, rather than quantity although it isn't deficient
Very musical
Great tonal shading - now this one that is a must for me! As with most speakers, this is easier accomplished with a good tube front end
Value - truly off the charts!

The Lore's weaknesses are:

I will have to get back to you on this one... I honestly can't think of anything that I am "missing," other than perhaps to see what these do with more power