Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
Gpowered - I couldn't agree more when you mention "some of yo out there that do not take this product seriously because of the lower price tag." When I saw the ad for the Katz Meow I really didn't think there was any way it would compete with the speakers I had at the time (Klipschorns) because of the price and the size. I spoke to Eric and he basically said to give it a try, I might be surprised. My KHorns have been in the TV room connected to the XBox since I got the Katz last year.
The Katz were my first Full Rangers, the Omens my 2nd. There's something to be said for a crossover-less in a well built, well designed cabinet.
Mark, much respect to you brother. After all, you were the guy that started this thread and got me looking in this direction anyway. Question: a couple months back that wrote that you initially liked the Omens, but there were a few issues to contend with. What were those issues and what did you end up doing?
I am just going to come out and say it guys! I have crossed the 150 hour mark now. I have listened to my entire CD collection. The honeymoon phase is over. Look folks, it is official. Eric is giving these speakers away! Again, I am just a normal guy - no affiliation with Tekton Design - 3 kids and a limited budget. I have downsized from a $14K rig, to this $5K rig, and have not missed a beat. I will say it again - the Lores are the BEST speakers I have heard in any room I have had. From an overall standpoint, better than any speaker I've owned, and up there with the best. This includes a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's ($7,600 w/ stands), PSB Synchrony Ones ($5K), and Quad ESL 989's ($8,500). To see the full list, email me or refer back to an earlier post. Sure, Dynaudio's Esotar 2 tweeter can hardly be touched in terms of detail, and the accuracy and pinpoint focus of a C1 is hard to beat. Likewise, the mid range, tonal quality, musicality, and emotional involvement of the Quads is untouchable, but from a full package standpoint, which to me, includes: full range capability, detail, transparency, balance, phase response, musicality, detail, micro detail, mid range, bass, tone, dynamics, efficiency, and band for buck ... the Lore is the hands down winner!! I see this as the possible future direction in high end audio. Grab yourself 25 high qaulity tube watts, and the Lores will play over 100db, clean!!! No problem.

I am completely amazed by the bass and dynamics of the Lore. But even better it is the real deal - the complete package - a beauitful deep soundstage, breathtaking vocals/midrange, transparency, air and detail, and a tight, thick and rich low end with plenty of extension. Perhaps someone more critical or experienced than I would find a single fault with it. I did with all other speakers I owned; but not with the Lore, not yet anyway. Granted, it is not rational to expect the Lore to play down into the 20's. But on stuff one would it expect it to do, it delivers well beyond expectations. One thing is for sure - the $850 price is not going to be going for long, but even at a grand these are a bargain.
Gp - That's awesome. You guys with the Lores really seem to like them, and I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. Enjoy!!
I agree with sebrof....enjoy guys:). Are any of you with the Lores in the Bay Area. I would love to compare them to my Omen Defs. They sound very similar based on your descriptions.