What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
Planars and electrostatics are "coherent" in the mid range, which creates magic. They are also great with stage holography, if set up correctly. However, there comes a point with the volume control that they loose this magic by congesting, as most dynamic speakers do (ime). I think it is important to understand what the listener wants and what the habits are. I do not listen at a low level(hence my Agon name) through my main system. My normal levels exceed 100 db. I am not sure how many of you listen at this same level. So, for me, a good quality horn is the way I went. Being a ss guy, I much prefer an amp with 2 output transistors per channel than say 8, 12 or even 20. My speakers allow this. My system is a good compromise(yes I said it). It has the ability to take my recorded music and simulate a performance, based on what "I" want the performance to be. It does have detail, proper harmonic structure and tone, coherence, spatial holography and all of those other "audiophile" things. However, I have said it before. Without being excellent in "PRAT" and dynamic swings, it would not approach that "live" perspective I value so much. It is critical to listen for yourself to determine what it is that you want a system to do for you. Also, tweaking everything is also critical. I think many people on Audiogon, and elsewhere, do not know what they want.The last statement. I am at a point that I do not think of changing a thing in my system, which says it all. I wish everyone happy listening......MrD
Just to dispel a couple of common myths, Sound Labs are capable of impressive dynamics, and horns are able to be as uncolored as the best ESLs and magnetic planars in existence.

Much is owed to setup- the gear and care upstream.
Atmasphere, thank you......And yes, set up, gear and care upstream is vital.........
And we are talking big. Big speakers, big spaces for them and big money.
After reading this including what Atmasphere said, I have the impression that ideally horn speakers can be the best known design approach. And considering that you can drive them with 5 watts or so at building crushing level...

My wish is to hear one of these amazing horn speakers Ralph keep speaking about, any chance in hearing one in Atlanta Ralph? Duke?

Regards,