What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
Seems we all have opinions/experiences that another seems to disagree with. I find Shadorne's comments to be far off the mark regarding Soundlab speakers at least. Oh well, I guess that is what makes us all individuals.

What is gold to one is tin foil to another based on preferences, hearing ability, past experiences and in some cases ignorance - not having actually experienced a said product.

Most, not all recording studios, would not use a speaker 7-8 feet tall by 3-3.5 feet wide that needs 5 feet or more dead space behind it.
Agree,

A panel speaker would not be the standard tool for a recording studio, but i have seen them in mastering suites...

Now ... What does one purchase after owning horns?

regards,
Grannyring makes good points. Many questions asked of the OP have gone unanswered, still, an interesting thread.

"sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration." How is that a fault of the Uno's? How did you try to integrate bass, sub/s or horn/s, location, type of EQ'ing? This ain't rocket science especially when you found the Uno's so satisfying to begin with.
Vicdamone,
There is a bit of an issue where the sub meets the mid horn
on the Uno. To be honest since I have had the Trio I find the UNO & the Duo to be weak in that area. It is only due to the sub cut off being so high. Even so both are difficult to beat.

Personally as you could guess I don't know of a better speaker all round than the trio.

As unexplained earlier I had planars for 20 years & from all the revered manufacturers.
Second the Apogee's. Either the Diva's or the Duetta Signatures; the Scintilla although a great speaker is realy hard to drive. Also, the Slant 8, an Apogee hybrid, is excellent and can be bought in the $1200-1500 price range. I have 2 pair to go with my Divas. There's an excellent pair for sale on Agon for $1350 from a guy who is well versed in Apogees.