What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
Responding to vicdamone, I had listened to the Duo and Duo Omega under very good conditions and a short demo of the Uno's in a room I felt was poorly set up. However listening to the Duo and the Duo Omega I was elated with both demo's and purchased the Uno's as a result.
I'm well aware of the inner action of room acoustics, room interactions ect., however after talking to folks in the know and to people who own the same model, I came to the conclusion after a year of trial and error, and with the help of ASC and there tube traps that I would have to spend big money to resolve the issue. I must say there is much good about about the Avantgarde Uno. I loved them for what they could do and cursed them for what they could not.
Madhf,
Having owned both the apogee diva & duetta sigs, & had them modified with all the latest ribbons & crossovers I can assure you these will not apply. Great as they can be. The Diva being the least dynamic.

I think what some people posting here are not realising is that powerful amps cannot substitue for the sensitivity and the way the AG horns couple to the air. I dont want to sound like a broken record or an ass, but most of the suggestions as a replacement mentioned so far will not do what the original posters Unos already did. Fact.

The answer to the question is just better horns!
Gotta know the amp unless you are willing to change that as well.

I'm wondering why the bass integration was such a problem though? I've heard some indicate Avantgardes need to be set up correctly to get the drivers time aligned and fully coherent. Were you able to do that?

You'll likely need other high efficiency speakers to just replace the Avantgarde (not the amp) and get what you are used to. I suspect if the amp sounded good on those that it will also sound good on other high efficiency designs.

If you can afford it, speakers using field coil drivers might be able to do some of the same things with a lower power amp. Otherwise, I think you will be challenged to get what the Avantgardes deliver.
Chadeffect,

I would have to disagree, not everyone can deal with the coloration of horns , some can some can't and when driven with the right amplifier Apps don't lack for dynamics IMO.

Before the usual culprits tag in, this is Audio , no checkered flag, I'm expressing my opinion of what works for me and why, if you like horns and 120 db fine..

Stereophile:

"In selecting a speaker, especially at the highest levels of performance, individual likes and dislikes play important roles. Some people may be bothered by the Uno's residual horn coloration, even though its magnitude is small. "

The measurements are well ...!!!

http://www.stereophile.com/content/avantgarde-acoustic-uno-series-two-loudspeaker-measurements

Typical of what is seen on high eff speakers, very difficult to get high sensitivity and a good balance. the broadband level across the upper mids will push the sound forward and while big on details will have tonal issues and a poor balance as the Bass is sacrificed for the mid details and without hearing this particular model ( i have heard other AG speakers) it would be lean and pinky on pianos with an artificial air on violins, tubby dis-jointed Bass due to the excessive dip in the mid/bass/mid area.

Now many claim this type speaker is magic on SET's and this maybe true , SET's lack top end resolution vs SS, and a UNO on SS amps would have you ducking for cover IME.

I guess if you like to listening to 105db + in your home then i can see the attraction of Horns and based on Atmasphere's comments about horns and panel speakers having similar openness it is not far fetched to recommend he give a panel speaker a listen.

Yep a panel speaker with a sub might be the trick , as far as Apps go, i would recommend the mini-grand for his room.

Regards,