What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
Paulfolbrect, I was referring to the width/length of the horn/throat. I admit that the construction can be better. When you had the Khorns/Lascalas did you do any damping to the mid horn (and cabinets). Every pair I was ever involved with, after damping, eliminated most of what you speak of. As a sidebar : Speaking of damping, I find most tubes have colorations and distortions until you dampen them. But please lets leave this topic to another thread. Regards...
Atmasphere,
am I right in saying that due to this impedance curve on the trio they designed the CDC? I was under the impression this made it tube friendly
Chadeffect, it does appear the newer Trio has a higher impedance. Their website does not have a lot of technical data, but it seems pretty sure that 3 of the 4 passive crossover components must be caps. If a choke is added to the bass horn, the overall impedance would not be such a hard load for tube amps as the earlier Trios. Overall it would appear that the speaker is nominally an 8 ohm load.