What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
Atmasphere you said{250 watts to produce the same output}. Not true you forget the -6-7db of thermo compression that the dynamic would experience. So its not possible for a dome thats not horn loaded to equal output of a horn tweeter.It will melt the voice coil glue. Also most domes are .65% efficient many horns are 6-7% so with a dynamic dome you have 99% of power waisted as heat. Thermo compression is the 800 pound gorilla in the room that dynamic owners do not acknowledge.
There is little reason to acknowledge it. That horns can produce sounds that can fill a stadium better than typical domes is irrelevant for most of us. Those volume levels aren't needed and for the sake of our hearing not desirable. Even without things like vented baskets, and ferrofluid cooling, dynamic tweeters are typically capable of providing more than enough volume for typical rooms. Typical dynamic tweeters have proven themselves to be remarkably reliable, and even more so, with extra power available to them.
This tweeter discussion is largely atopical since half of us can't hear beyond 10 Khz. The mid range is where our discussion should be centered because that is where most of our material comes from.

In my experience, nothing else produces quite the same caliber of mid as my horns. Other designs seem like toys by comparison.
Macrojack, one hears about high frequency hearing loss in males, but I have never seen any convincing documentation of this. I have had audiologists tell me that many have sagging frequency responses between 1000 Hz and 5000 Hz. I can just get a hint of 16k Hz.

Nevertheless, I think that tweeters are a central part of what makes a quality speaker. The diamond tweeter on the Tidal Contriva Discera SEs is one of its strong points.
Isochronism,
You're right of course.
Being a dillitante is part of the audiophile sickness, one that I certainly have.
I really did have to design my own speakers, to have something that I didn't grow tired of.
The issue is now, I didn't make them 'no holds barred', cost NO object.
The closest were the one off LSA10's.
Those remain, one of the very best speakers I've heard...topped only in certain ways, by VERY expensive designs.
They weren't cheap, would have had to sell for $50K at least, and that was based on plate aluminum/cnc cutting for that plate aluminum at an aerospace company.
So, yeah, it's a blessing AND a curse to hear and quantify to an exacting level, but I love music so much, I try to just slide into the music and not critique.

Good listening,
Larry