What does one purchase after owning horns?

I have owned Avantgarde Uno's and sold them because of the lack of bass to horn integration. I loved the dynamics, the midrange and highs. Now faced with a new speaker purchase, I demo speakers and they sound lifeless and contrived. The drama and beauty of live music and even the sound of percussion insturments like a piano are not at all convincing. I have an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand. My room is 13'X26' firing down the length. Any good ideas will be appreciated. My music prefrences are jazz/jazz vocalist.
renmeister
Ohh,

Atmasphere, I think you meant to say more sensitive than a dome tweeter not efficient.

For eg,

ESL's are very efficient in the bass, so there will be some some synergy with your high output impedance OTL's..

Regards,

Unsound, just for the record, I have stated many many times that I own a pair of "Klipsch Lascalas" so maybe you were not paying attention.

04-26-11: Mrdecibel

And you are knocking Thiel's ...... LOL.
In actuality Ralph, I do agree with you more than you let on and i do understand your stance on horn speakers. Since i do not use OTL tube amps they will not work for me and in your case they work for you, because of your type of amplfication.

In the end regardless of how we spin the science each designer is putting his 2 cents on how things should "sound" , their interpretation and presentation of what one should expect..

IMO, Everyone is right, because so much is still wrong.

Regards,
My mother always told me that she saw nothing wrong in a healthy debate.... of course, she was always the initiator! (instigator) Love those moms
Weseixas, when I use the term 'efficient' or 'efficiency' with regards to speakers its usually with the 1 watt/1 meter spec in mind. If you say 'sensitive' or 'sensitivity' to me in the same context I assume you are talking 2.83V/1 meter.

Not into caffeine, but I think you will find that a good majority of dome tweeters are indeed rated at 2 watts, with some of greater power handling, although the latter is less common than the former. I'm not used to seeing horn tweeters that handle less than 2 watts, and I have seen them handling as much as 15 watts; with immensely higher efficiencies (10X) that horns have over domes, this can be a significant advantage.