JBL B460 passive sub w/o external crossover unit

So I just inherited some old audiophile equipment, dads been dead a few years and we just moved his widow into a senior community. Among some of my dads stuff I took home was a massive JBL passive sub a B460 and a Bryston 4B-ST amp, but I cant find the JBL BX63A (a external dividing network, crossover) and I there isnt one to be had on ebay or elsewhere. Heres the question: can I hook the amp up to the sub out on my onkyo sc886p pre/pro and set the sub crossover at 60hz? And will it sound right?
andreitour
Jr_w : do you think I can recreate that curve with my pre/pro eq or I need an active crossover?
Take a look here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?4557-B460

The last paragraph of text describes the operation, the last page is a graph of the drive.

I'm not familiar with your pre/pro, but that's a description of what the BX63A does. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to slap some serious + EQ in at 26Hz and give it a listen. It mentions that the EQ is centered on the vent tuning freqency, so I think that's the main clue as to what to look for.
Be patient...behringer & pyle are not worthy of a B460. Another one to keep an eye out for is the Sumo Delilah crossover which went with the Samson subwoofer (basically a B380 clone with a 2235H JBL driver). I currently own both BX63A & Delilah crossovers patiently waiting for a sub cab to be built!! I was lucky enough to come across a 2245H driver, NEVER used, still in factory box, just rotted foam. The Delilah has a little more flexibility than the JBL. Both units eventually surface here or on e-bay from time to time. If I run across either, I'll let you know. P.S. when your 2245H driver needs foam repair... Bill Legall @ MILLERSOUND (215-412-7700) millerspkr@aol.com is the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!
Just acquired a JBL BX63A via the wanted ads here on audiogon. No power supply, manual (I've downloaded a PDF version), or box. $412 shipped. I purchased the odd AC step-down (120vac to 12vac) transformer (power supply)on the web for $10 and it should be here by Friday.

Just after I payed for the one I got from a Canadian audiogonner, a second gentleman offered me another BX63A for $450. So if anyone else is looking for one PM me and I'll give you his email.

I will post again after I have the B460 hooked up to the BX63A to report on sound quality.
So my 15vac power supply arrived today and I hooked up the JBL BX63A active crossover to the JBL B460 Subwoofer. The Bryston 4B I inherited with the sub is on its way back to Bryston for warranty repair. So I'm using a Crown XLS-402d (bridged to 900w mono into 8 ohms) to push the B460 until the Bryston comes home.

WOW! definitely a huge improvement on low end. I still have to dial in all the right settings on the bx63a and the Onkyo PR-SC886p Pre-Pro

and im trying to figure out the best way to feed the signal to the bx63a Main L&R or LFE

and if i use the LFE do I just use one input on the bx63a or do I use a Y connector

I'm going to try running Audyssey Pro and see what it does with the LFE feeding one channel on the bx63a and report back